Checking & credit card accounts all refusing to reconcile

ocheyette
ocheyette Member ✭✭
For all of my banking accounts, I have been getting the error "There are no uncleared items to reconcile" when I download transactions. This started right around May 9th. I see others reporting the same issue. I have "reconcile using online balance" checked in all the accounts.
Tagged:

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    As the Online Balance Quicken obtains from the financial institution appears to be unreliable, I suggest you reconcile using a statement obtained from the financial institution: open the account register, press Ctrl + Shift + E, select the Online Services tab, uncheck Reconcile using online balance, select OK, and press Ctrl + R, choose Paper statement, ...
  • @ocheyette - after looking at this issue for a while now, the bottom line answer is that your financial institutions are not reporting the current online balance.  That is why Quicken is saying "there are no uncleared items to reconcile".  The last reported online balance was when you last reconciled.  What happened to cause this is the "64 thousand dollar question".  You didn't mention what financial institutions, or what connection types, but as @sherlock mentioned certain connections (EWC) can be unreliable, or I say "touchy". 
  • ocheyette
    ocheyette Member ✭✭
    You guys are both posting cut & paste answers on here, and while Sherlock's "solves" the problem, it does so at the expense of major hassle. Instead of Quicken automating grabbing the data from N sites, I have to go to each one by hand. As for Damian, the 64 thousand dollar question would be why Chase, Citi, Fidelity, Bank of America and a couple of others would all stop working properly at the same time. I know these collectively only have $trillions in assets, but still, odd coincidence, don't you think?
  • @ocheyete I did that because you asked the same question twice.  First of all, have you tried contacting Quicken Support?  They have the ability to decipher error logs and your account information.  We are other users trying to help you with the information you have given us.  The cause can be anything from a corrupted file/where you are keeping  your file to problems with your online setup and type of connection.  Again, my suggestion would be to contact Quicken support.  And, please circle back and share with us what you find out.  Otherwise, the only thing I could suggest is to create a test file and set up the accounts.  After you set up online services for the accounts, update and do a reconciliation.  If the reconciliation works, that then would indicate corruption in your original file.  Then your only recourse is to  restore a backup from before May 9th, or when the issues started to surface.  If the reconciliation still doesn't work in the test file, then that would indicate an issue with the online connection and/or update file.

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    ocheyette said:
    You guys are both posting cut & paste answers on here, and while Sherlock's "solves" the problem, it does so at the expense of major hassle. Instead of Quicken automating grabbing the data from N sites, I have to go to each one by hand. As for Damian, the 64 thousand dollar question would be why Chase, Citi, Fidelity, Bank of America and a couple of others would all stop working properly at the same time. I know these collectively only have $trillions in assets, but still, odd coincidence, don't you think?
    We find reconciling using a statement obtained from a financial institution to be less of hassle than dealing with an unreliable online balance. 

As to why you are currently experiencing the issue with multiple institutions, I suspect you're using the Express Web Connect connection method.  Intuit continues to have difficulty maintaining the Express Web Connect connection method for Quicken.  If you are not willing to accept the unreliability of this connection method, I suggest you use the Direct Connect or the Web Connect connection method if available instead.  If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-quicken-connects-your-bank
This discussion has been closed.