Anyone else having trouble adding an Amazon Store Card to Quicken? (corrected the CC name)

mccart
mccart Member ✭✭
I've been trying to add my Amazon Prime Store Card to Quicken for over 2 months. I keep getting the error CC-502. Synchrony Bank blames it on Quicken. Quicken support blames it on my Internet Service Provider (ISP). My ISP can't find anything wrong. I've spent hours on the phone with Quicken support, but can't get it fixed.
Tagged:

Comments

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    There was an Alert about this that was updated today to "Resolved" (RESOLVED 6/8/22 Amazon.com Store Card - Synchrony CC-502/FDP-102).  Have you tried adding it today?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• Boatnmaniac
    Also, please confirm which Amazon credit card you are trying to add.  It is my understanding that the Amazon.com Store Card and the Amazon Prime (Visa Signature?) are two different cards that are issued by two different companies...the Store Card is issued by Synchrony and the Prime card is issued by Chase.  You should be able to see on the back of your credit card who the issuer of the card is.

• mccart
    mccart Member ✭✭
    It's the Amazon Store card issued by Synchrony.
  • Boatnmaniac
    OK.  As noted above, the Alert for this card was updated this morning to "Resolved".  Have you tried adding the account this afternoon or evening?

• mccart
    mccart Member ✭✭
    I tried it this evening at 8PM ESt and I got the same error (CC-502).
  • mccart
    mccart Member ✭✭
    By the way your support supervisor closed the ticket after he told me to talk to my Internet Service company. I did and they couldn't find a problem.
  • mccart
    mccart Member ✭✭
    How do I get this problem solved that I can't add Amazon Card (Synchony Bank) to my Quicken software? Since my ISP doesn't see a problem where do I go from here? The ticket should never have been closed.
  • Boatnmaniac
    edited June 2022
    mccart said:
    By the way your support supervisor closed the ticket after he told me to talk to my Internet Service company. I did and they couldn't find a problem.
    "Community" is a forum primarily made up of Quicken users, like you.  This includes all the Super Users like me...just another user like you.  So I have no Quicken supervisor.  The only supervisor I have is my wife...something she likes to frequently remind me of.  :smiley:
    There are a few Quicken employees who do get involved with this forum.  Their Usernames will start with "Quicken".  Mostly these Quicken employees are the Moderators.
    mccart said:
    I tried it this evening at 8PM ESt and I got the same error (CC-502).
    You say that you have been trying to add this account for about 2 months.  Have you ever been successful getting this account connected?
    Also, on the General tab of Account Details, do you have any Financial Institution Information entered into those fields (above the Contact Name line)?  If you do, delete that information and then try Add Account again.  (Note: The Financial Institution information shown in the following picture is intended only as a representation of what you might see.  The fields you see for your Amazon card might be different but they will be in the area shown in this picture.)
    BTW, that Support Supervisor's response about it being an ISP problem is hogwash.  It might be applicable if you are getting the errors with all of your other EWC connections not when there is a single one that it is happening with.  Here is what the CC-502 error code means:  "Quicken was unable to update your accounts. Your financial institution's web site is not available due to site maintenance. Try again later. Your financial institution cannot resolve this issue. Additional information about resolving this issue or contacting Quicken support is available."  Usually, the issue will go away on its own in less than 1-2 days.  When it doesn't it indicates that there might be something on the Quicken server that needs to be reset and only Quicken can do that.  You might want to read the following Support Article if my suggestion above does not resolve the connection issue for you.:  Error When Updating Accounts: CC-502 [Support Article]

• mccart
    mccart Member ✭✭
    When I said a supervisor it was when I was on the phone with Quicken support. As of today I still can add the Amazon Card issued by Synchrony. I've talked to the so called Quicken support people 4 times now and had no luck in getting it fixed. Don't have the slightest ides how to get this fixed since Quicken support doesn't seem to be any help.
This discussion has been closed.