reconcile shares mismatch - security name discrepancy?

Megan Zuckerman
Megan Zuckerman Member ✭✭
edited July 2022 in Investing (Windows)
when i try to reconcile my shares in my investment account i get the following mismatch:

security
ERICSSON FSPONSORED ADR 1 ADR REPS 1 ORD SHS
shares reported 0
shares in quicken 5779.7320

ERICSSON FSPONSORED ADR 1 ADR REPS 1 ORD SHS
shares reported 5977.732
shares in quicken 0

see attached screen shot.

seems like my brokerage thinks the security is named something slightly different than quicken but they look identical. how can i resolve this share reconcile discrepancy?

thanks!

Best Answer

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022 Answer ✓
    I suspect the CUSIP IDs for the Quicken securities may have been mismatched.  I suggest you uncheck Matched with online security on the Edit Security Details window of the mismatched securities.  

The CUSIP ID is provided by the financial institution when we download transactions. The CUSIP ID is assigned to a Quicken security when we match an online security to a Quicken security.   Quicken should prompt to match an online security to a Quicken security when the financial institution provides a security with a CUSIP ID that has not been assigned to a Quicken security.  If a Quicken security has been mismatched, we may uncheck Matched with online security on the Edit Security Details window and the Quicken security will become available to be matched to an online security when Quicken next encounters an unmatched online security.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022 Answer ✓
    I suspect the CUSIP IDs for the Quicken securities may have been mismatched.  I suggest you uncheck Matched with online security on the Edit Security Details window of the mismatched securities.  

The CUSIP ID is provided by the financial institution when we download transactions. The CUSIP ID is assigned to a Quicken security when we match an online security to a Quicken security.   Quicken should prompt to match an online security to a Quicken security when the financial institution provides a security with a CUSIP ID that has not been assigned to a Quicken security.  If a Quicken security has been mismatched, we may uncheck Matched with online security on the Edit Security Details window and the Quicken security will become available to be matched to an online security when Quicken next encounters an unmatched online security.

• Megan Zuckerman
    Megan Zuckerman Member ✭✭
    thank you, unchecking matched with online security and going into the transactions prompted me to choose one to match it to. once chosen, my shares reconcile beautifully. thanks!
This discussion has been closed.