Quicken data file extension and location? (Q Mac)

bradybunchni
bradybunchni Member ✭✭
My computer crashed and I'm trying to locate the quicken data files on my backup. It was Quicken for Mac 2020 I think, that's when I initially installed it. What is the extension of the data files that I need to restore and does it save to a default location? Thanks

Best Answer

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Quicken data files have a .quicken extension. Backups have a .quickenbackup extension.

The default location is a little tricky: in the Finder, hold down Option and pull down the Go menu; select Library (which is only visible if you're holding Option). In this Library folder, open Application Support > Quicken. Data files are in the Documents folder; backups in the Backups folder.

If you're restoring from Time Machine, navigate to this Quicken folder first, then open Time Machine.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Quicken data files have a .quicken extension. Backups have a .quickenbackup extension.

The default location is a little tricky: in the Finder, hold down Option and pull down the Go menu; select Library (which is only visible if you're holding Option). In this Library folder, open Application Support > Quicken. Data files are in the Documents folder; backups in the Backups folder.

If you're restoring from Time Machine, navigate to this Quicken folder first, then open Time Machine.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.