Unable to download transactions from Fidelity, error OL-220-A

walter bender
walter bender Member ✭✭✭
Started on Friday, have downloaded daily for years. Looking over other Fidelity topics it appears users have been experiencing this for quite a while. I seem to remember/think that this may have started with the last Quicken update?????

Comments

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a mystery. Some of us, including me, continue to download from Fidelity Investments without issue, while others have been having problems for a while.
    All I can do is guess that some Fido servers are more reliable than others and which one your Quicken talks to depends on your geography. I'm in the San Francisco area and Fido works fine. Where are you?

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• walter bender
    walter bender Member ✭✭✭
    Kansas City
  • walter bender
    walter bender Member ✭✭✭
    I have reset all my Fidelity accounts and no resolution, same OL-220-A error. Restored old file, same error. Used a different computer - same error.
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you using a VPN?
  • walter bender
    walter bender Member ✭✭✭
    Yes, same for over a year. Turning it off makes no difference
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, same for over a year. Turning it off makes no difference
    Hello @walter bender,  

I do apologize about this continuing problem with transaction downloads. Thank you for continuing to work with us on this problem here on the Quicken Community. 

It sounded as though this issue began Friday, the 10th of June, 2022; it is possible that the problem may resolve itself during the course of the next business day. However, in order to pursue troubleshooting this problem, I want to know: what connection method is being used to add or link your Fidelity account(s) to online banking services? You can check this by navigating to Tools > Account List in the upper menu at the top of the screen, then clicking on the Edit button in the rows associated with the affected account(s). The connection method should be listed under the Online Services tab.

I am eager to hear your answer. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • walter bender
    walter bender Member ✭✭✭
    My error, the last succcessful download was June 8th, I have received the OL-220=A since trying to update on June 9th. Connection method is: Direct Connect. Thanks for your help.
  • walter bender
    walter bender Member ✭✭✭
    I have resolved my problem with error OL-220-A.
    1. Deleted online services info for all Fidelity accounts.
    2. Set up new online services for each account and it now all works properly. Lots of work matching the accounts but very glad it is working properly now.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    I have resolved my problem with error OL-220-A.
    1. Deleted online services info for all Fidelity accounts.
    2. Set up new online services for each account and it now all works properly. Lots of work matching the accounts but very glad it is working properly now.
    Hello @walter bender

Thanks for checking back in with us about this issue, and for letting us know how things turned out. I am glad to hear that the situation seems to have been resolved. I also appreciate the specifics you shared with us about how you were able to correct this problem; this information is extremely helpful.

Feel free to reach out again anytime. 

Best wishes,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.