application of quarterly estimated tax payments

SomebodyInGNV
SomebodyInGNV Member ✭✭✭
I made TY22 estimated payments in late March but the tax planner assumes they're for TY21 and ignores them in TY22. When I revised the date to 4/1, it included them in TY22.

Other than the transaction date, is there any way to indicate to QWin which tax year an estimated payment applies to, like an IRA contribution can be?
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022 Answer ✓
    No.  There isn't another way to specify the tax year.  In the Tax Planner, we may use User Entered  but the simplest approach is to reset date of the early estimate payment transaction to 4/1/2022.  If you want to keep the correct date in the payment register, you may change the payment transaction to be a transfer to a holding account and issue the withdrawal for the estimate payment from the holding account on 4/1/2022. 

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022 Answer ✓
    No.  There isn't another way to specify the tax year.  In the Tax Planner, we may use User Entered  but the simplest approach is to reset date of the early estimate payment transaction to 4/1/2022.  If you want to keep the correct date in the payment register, you may change the payment transaction to be a transfer to a holding account and issue the withdrawal for the estimate payment from the holding account on 4/1/2022. 
  • SomebodyInGNV
    SomebodyInGNV Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks. I'm using a holding account, indirectly. The bank transaction is a credit card purchase of a Visa gift card, to get the kickback. I record that in a cash account. I record the payment of taxes in the cash account with the effective date required to make the planner capture it.
This discussion has been closed.