Performance when offline

mfairleigh
mfairleigh Member ✭✭
If I run Quicken for Windows (current version on current Win10), performance is what I'd call normal for Quicken. But if I have no internet connection it runs slow, nearly to the point of being unusable. Why?

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    If you haven't already, when you have no internet service, you may want to disable the network adapter (aka airplane mode) or enable a Windows firewall outbound connection rule to block connections by qw.exe and quickenPatch.exe.
  • mfairleigh
    mfairleigh Member ✭✭
    Thank you. I can do that, but why does Quicken seem to want to access something online with every mouse click? I have the Mobile and Web access stuff all turned off.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you. I can do that, but why does Quicken seem to want to access something online with every mouse click? I have the Mobile and Web access stuff all turned off.
    I can not tell you why Quicken would seem to want to access something online with every mouse click.  I can tell you Quicken attempts to establish network connections even when you have the Mobile and Web access stuff all turned off. 
  • mfairleigh
    mfairleigh Member ✭✭
    Thanks again. I'll try that.
This discussion has been closed.