How to Automatically Download Bank/Credit Card Transactions after Never Having Done So

Options
Hi All, I have been using Quicken for 24 years, always input my Bank & Credit Cards transactions manually and certainly many cash transactions over the years. With pandemic have been using credit card all the time now and am getting tired of manually inputting. But if I now link bank and credit card to automatically fill Quicken fields, won't it start filling in all the transactions going back mega years? How would I start with a specific date like June 1st this year?

Thank you in advance for your feedback on this.
Tagged:

Best Answers

• MV12022
    MV12022 Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi Damian, I greatly appreciate your response. Very helpful. Best Regards
  • MV12022
    MV12022 Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Thank you very much for your response, Sherlock. Best Regards

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Typically, when you initially set up online services for an account, the last 90 days of transactions are downloaded.  That is not too bad to handle if your account has been and is currently reconciled with bank.  But, if that is still too many transactions for you, you can initially download from your online bank account into Quicken, if that is something your bank allows.  The "download to Quicken" option is usually found in the area that you find statements, or transactions.  This type of connection is called "Web Connect".  When you download transactions this way, you usually can specify a date range.  After you do this once, you can then upgrade to "Express Web Connect" or "Direct Connect", which is the "typical" way to update your accounts within Quicken.

The information I provided is generic.  You don't say what financial institution or credit cards you have, but if you can provide this information, we can give you more specific information or instruction.
  • MV12022
    MV12022 Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi Damian, I greatly appreciate your response. Very helpful. Best Regards
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    @mv12022 you are very welcome.
  • MV12022
    MV12022 Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Thank you very much for your response, Sherlock. Best Regards
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Let us know what banks have your info, credit card transactions, etc -
    Each and every bank has a different support status with Quicken as to how and what may be avail for downloading.
    SO... let us know the names and what types of accounts you want to download.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.