Account drag and drop not working in version R41.10

camner
camner Member ✭✭
This is a new feature announced in R41.9, but I can't get it to work in R41.10.

I have my accounts docked on the left, and trying to drag and drop to move an account up or down (within the same set, such as banking or investments) does absolutely nothing.

Am I missing something obvious?

Comments

• @camner - in order to use this new feature, you would need to click on the "gear" in the toolbar and choose "rearrange accounts".  After you are done, click on the Save button in the lower right of the box.

• camner
    camner Member ✭✭
    Wow...that is a rather hidden feature! Thanks for the tip!
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    What I "love" about the feature is that they didn't mention anywhere how to invoke it.
    I had to hunt around to find it.  Would have killed them to give the user a hint?
    They seem to do that a lot with the features they add.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Elrond2021
    Elrond2021 Member
    Please note that the SAVE button is not visible in Windows 10 when I have my display scale set to 125%. I must close Quicken, change my display scale to 100%, then re-open Quicken in order to use this new feature.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Please note that the SAVE button is not visible in Windows 10 when I have my display scale set to 125%. I must close Quicken, change my display scale to 100%, then re-open Quicken in order to use this new feature.
    Hello @Elrond2021,  

I do apologize about this issue with missing menu items. Thank you for drawing our attention to this here on the Quicken Community.

This issue is being investigated as a bug. We don't have an ETA on a resolution but we are looking into the matter. It may benefit our efforts if you could submit log files by navigating to Help > Report a Problem... in the upper menu at the top of the screen, then provide a brief description along with screenshots of the missing menu options. Keep in mind that these submissions are purely for investigative purposes and that no response will be provided through the submission, itself. 

I hope that is helpful, and again, we are sorry for any inconvenience this causes. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • I found easy ways to get around the Rearrange Accounts issues. 
    • If your Account Bar is on the right side (or left side) hide the Account Bar before you click on "Rearrange Accounts".  The sort overlay will always go to the center of the screen.
    • If you cannot see the "Save" button, just hit the Maximize icon in the upper right of the Title Bar (or double click on the Title Bar) before you click on "Rearrange Accounts". 
    These simple workarounds work for me on my computer.  I did testing with different resolution settings, so I am hoping these workarounds are universal.
This discussion has been closed.