Quicken Canada latest version? 40.28 or 41.10

DJS
DJS Member ✭✭
I am running R40.28 and when I check for updates it offers R41.10
On the mondo patch page, I don't see R41.10 offered though. After what I went through getting updated to R40.28 I am declining the update for now. Last night, while restarting my PC it stopped me and said it was in the middle of updating Quicken.... I assume to R41.10 - is Quicken now doing automatic updates? Anyone experiencing the same?

Comments

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Quicken has always done automatic updates, but with how infrequent the Canadian releases come out you might not have noticed that.

R41.10 is a US version so I wouldn't expect it to be offered to a Quicken Windows Canadian user.

One possible reason for the update would be that there is a Canadian version in "stagged release mode"   where it goes out to a limited number of users, and then is paused, so they can tell if any major problems are reported before sending it out to everyone.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    To add to @Chris_QPW 's comment, you can take control of the auto update (choose to allow or not) by setting your "User Account Control Settings" accordingly in Windows.  See the following three screen captures.  If your setting is already one of the top three and Quicken still updated without your consent, I have never seen this happen before.

- QWin Deluxe user since 2010, US subscription on Win11
    - I don't use Cloud Sync, Mobile & Web, Bill Pay/Mgr

• Peculiar_Investor
    Peculiar_Investor Member ✭✭✭
    According to Windows Canada R41.xx Release — Quicken "The latest Quicken for Windows Canada release R41.10 is now being made available in staged release format to a limited number of users and will slowly roll out to all customers."

Giving credit where credit is due, it does seem that Quicken Canada users are starting to again see the regular updates. 
  • DJS
    DJS Member ✭✭
    thanks to everyone for the input. I'm running Quicken Canada 41.10 now. Seems fine so far.
This discussion has been closed.