Quicken trying to authenticate with wrong bank

JamesM
JamesM Member ✭✭
A Quicken for Windows bug is sending 2-factor authentication text message through Bank of America (BofA) when trying to authenticate my Truist Bank account. I have multiple Bank of America accounts and my wife also has BofA accounts - some we share, some we don't, so there are two separate logins for BofA. This appears to cause Quicken for Windows to confuse the 2-factor authentication process, which sends authentication messages to my wife's phone from BofA when Quicken is trying to authenticate my Truist Bank account login. Also, some of my BofA accounts have to be authenticated through my wife's phone!

How can this problem be corrected?
38 year veteran Simulation Software Engineer primarily on NASA, USAF, US Army, and US Navy programs. Also served as Development Manager for a significant commercial software product.

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please do TOOLS, Account List and tell us what it says in  the "Financial Institution" column across from your Truist and BofA accounts.
    If that column isn't displayed,  you can add it via the OPTIONS button at the bottom  of that window.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• @jamesM - I would double check the contact information at each of your banks and verify that the correct primary phone numbers are attached to the proper logins.  With multiple logins with multiple phone numbers (primary and secondary) things can get easily mixed up
  • JamesM
    JamesM Member ✭✭
    > @NotACPA said:
    > Please do TOOLS, Account List and tell us what it says in  the "Financial Institution" column across from your Truist and BofA accounts.If that column isn't displayed,  you can add it via the OPTIONS button at the bottom  of that window.

The account says "Truist Bank" in the Financial Institution column.
    38 year veteran Simulation Software Engineer primarily on NASA, USAF, US Army, and US Navy programs. Also served as Development Manager for a significant commercial software product.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @JamesM, I think that you need to contact Q Support for this one.  At the top of this page, click Support and then click Contact Support

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

This discussion has been closed.