how to filter on "Status" in a Report? (Q Mac)

Options
dave@k
dave@k Member ✭✭
edited July 2022 in Reports (Mac)
I want to write a report to look for unusual Payees on all the transactions I download from my various accounts. So I need to check each transaction exactly once and each Payee once.

The best way I can think to do this is with a Report that filters on Status=Downloaded (the blue dot), and grouped by Payee.

The problem is, I don't see any way to filter on Status, which seems like an oversight.

Am I missing something? Is there a way to do this, noting that I have multiple accounts to deal with, so I don't want to use the Status filter that is within the view of a specific account. And going through and tagging everyone with a blue dot in every account would also be a royal chore.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    You can probably get what you want, but not the way you are trying to get it.

You're correct that Status is not a criterion you can use in creating a report. However, you can filter registers to do what you want. Click on an account group like Cash, Credit Card, Banking or All Transactions in the left sidebar. Then change the third filter above the register headings from Any Status to Last Downloaded or Not Reviewed. You can now click on the Payee column to sort the results by Payee. You can print the register, export it, or edit transactions one at a time. When you're done investigating the transactions you want, click the green Clear Filters button to restore your normal register view.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • dave@k
    dave@k Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for this reply and sorry for the delay responding.

So, you taught be something that helps a tad: that you can at least view all the registers in an "account group" all at once instead of having to view each one individually.

And sorting by Payee isn't the same as grouping by payee, but it gets most of the job done.

What would it take to get this added as a feature request?
  • dave@k
    dave@k Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for this reply and sorry for the delay responding.

So, you taught be something that helps a tad: that you can at least view all the registers in an "account group" all at once instead of having to view each one individually.

And sorting by Payee isn't the same as grouping by payee, but it gets most of the job done.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    dave@k said:

If you're referring to being able to create a report using transaction status as a criterion, there is already an existing Idea post for such a feature. (Idea posts on this site are the ways users request new features. There are hundreds of Ideas posts, but the developers do consider them in deciding which features to build.)

Go to this link to see the existing Idea thread and add your vote! (In the yellow box under the first post, click the little dark gray arrow under the vote counter; it will change to light gray when your vote is registered.) It;'s also a good idea to add a comment stating your use case (as you did above); this helps the developers understand why users are asking for a feature. (More posts also makes the topic show up at the top of the list of topics on the site, so more people may see it and add their own votes.) Unfortunately, this Idea post has only garnered a small number of votes so far, so I wouldn't expect it to get prompt attention from the developers... but hopefully some day. ;) 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.