Anyone have a problem with "Express Web Connect"?

wwdinc
wwdinc Member ✭✭
When I download my transactions from my bank via Express Web Connect Quicken counts the "pending" transactions. Of course there are no completed transactions. As anyone had this problem.

Best Answers

• BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Yes, this started about a month or two ago and many users are experiencing it.  What changed is unknown.  I have now learned to ignore it knowing that I have pending transactions and that the next day or two they will download.
    - QWin Deluxe user since 2010, US subscription on Win11
    - I don't use Cloud Sync, Mobile & Web, Bill Pay/Mgr

• Lee28
    Lee28 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I have almost the same problem with Associated Bank of Wisconsin. Date shown as update hasn't changed since April 5, 2022. Bank balance according to Quicken is NEVER correct. Trying to do a BALANCE doesn't work. All this started in April, 2022. Also, several credit cards do not update correctly. I have been having to go to the sites and printout the info and manually enter it. What a mess. Quicken used to be MUCH better.
  • BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    @wwdinc , Just FYI this issue is not related to any specific release.  I say that because my main setup is a release from January, and my test setup is the latest.  This happens on both.  So it is something that recently changed in Quicken's backend systems when they pull the EWC data on a nightly basis.
    I would add that I personally look at it as a silver lining because it alerts me that I have pending transactions and sets an expectation or an alarm!  Fortunately for me my balances are accurate and match.
    It is a shame that Quicken support is unaware of this since not only new posts of this issue show up on this community frequently, but also I have personally reported it via Help > Report a problem... and according to the posts many other have as well.  I suggest everyone to do the same.

Answers

• BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Yes, this started about a month or two ago and many users are experiencing it.  What changed is unknown.  I have now learned to ignore it knowing that I have pending transactions and that the next day or two they will download.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Which bank, as it's know in Q?  EWC from US Bank is so flaky that I gladly pay the $3.95/mo to download from them using Direct Connect.
    Others have reported EWC issues with many other banks.
    And, where is Q reporting this count?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @wwdinc

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue with your Express Web Connect account(s).

Before I can further assist you, I require some more information. What version of Quicken are you running? You can see this by navigating to Help > About Quicken. What financial institution are you experiencing this issue with? Do you receive any error codes or messages when performing a One Step Update or an individual account update? Are no posted transactions downloading but your balance is still updating?

I am looking forward to hearing your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• wwdinc
    wwdinc Member ✭✭
    Version R14.10 Build 27.1.41.10 Windows 10 Enterprise
  • wwdinc
    wwdinc Member ✭✭
    Sorry I did not answer your second question. There are no error message.
  • wwdinc
    wwdinc Member ✭✭
    This problem is with First Midwest Bank
  • Lee28
    Lee28 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I have almost the same problem with Associated Bank of Wisconsin. Date shown as update hasn't changed since April 5, 2022. Bank balance according to Quicken is NEVER correct. Trying to do a BALANCE doesn't work. All this started in April, 2022. Also, several credit cards do not update correctly. I have been having to go to the sites and printout the info and manually enter it. What a mess. Quicken used to be MUCH better.
  • Lee28
    Lee28 Member ✭✭
    I am using Quicken for Windows, Premier, Version 27.1.41.10 Build 27.1.41.10
  • wwdinc
    wwdinc Member ✭✭
    I should have reached out to the group earlier. Unfortunately, I have called Quicken support three times, and three times support has acted like this is an unknown problem. I am a retired System Programmer for a Major Bank. I would not been able to retire if I had given this type of support; I would have been fired.
  • BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    @wwdinc , Just FYI this issue is not related to any specific release.  I say that because my main setup is a release from January, and my test setup is the latest.  This happens on both.  So it is something that recently changed in Quicken's backend systems when they pull the EWC data on a nightly basis.
    I would add that I personally look at it as a silver lining because it alerts me that I have pending transactions and sets an expectation or an alarm!  Fortunately for me my balances are accurate and match.
    It is a shame that Quicken support is unaware of this since not only new posts of this issue show up on this community frequently, but also I have personally reported it via Help > Report a problem... and according to the posts many other have as well.  I suggest everyone to do the same.

This discussion has been closed.