Update bank URL for - First Choice America Federal Credit Union

Kara Gray
Kara Gray Member ✭✭
My bank recently upgraded its online banking system. Quicken has been unable to download transactions since then because the URL changed. How can I update the URL in Quicken?

If I try to add the account back as a new one, my bank shows up under its previous name (which is about 20 years old, BTW) and with a URL that's now changed twice, so Quicken won't connect. I contacted the bank and they gave me a new URL, but I don't know where to enter this in Quicken. I can't get past the window where it wants to search for the bank by name.

Anyone able to help?
Thanks!

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can't.  the best your can do is contact Quicken Support and tell them about it and/or complain to the financial institution to get them to contact Quicken.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is the bank name  - ?
    If we know that - we might be able to guide you thru a manual download from the bank online website.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Kara Gray
    Kara Gray Member ✭✭
    @splasher, I was afraid of that...this seems like a major inefficiency that a Quicken user can't simply update the URL for their own bank.

@Ps56k2 The bank is First Choice America Federal Credit Union, a small, local organization.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022
    Kara Gray said:
    @splasher, I was afraid of that...this seems like a major inefficiency that a Quicken user can't simply update the URL for their own bank.

@Ps56k2 The bank is First Choice America Federal Credit Union, a small, local organization.
    Hello @Kara Gray, 

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

If your financial institution has changed its URL, then it will require them to submit a request to have it changed within Quicken. For more detailed information regarding this topic, please take a moment to review the section titled "How can I fix an incorrect Homepage URL?" found in this Support Article.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

Thanks again, 

Quicken Jared 
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What a user may think is a proper URL for a financial institution may not be correct and just cause trouble.  Sometimes, FIs have a special URL for software like Quicken to use that the user wouldn't know about.
    Also, with Express Web Connect, you changing the URL in desktop Quicken would not make a change on the data aggregator's server which does the download in the middle of the night when it is not connected to your computer by any means.
    It could lead to chaos if users could change the URLs and affect everyone.  It would be a great way for a disgruntled user to cause Quicken a lot of trouble by maliciously changing them just to screw up things for every one. 

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022
    Kara Gray said:  The bank is First Choice America Federal Credit Union, a small, local organization.
    I don't see an entry with "First Choice America".... but there are several "First Choice..."  can you tell which one it is ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Kara Gray
    Kara Gray Member ✭✭
    @splasher great points. I hadn't thought of the potential for malicious activity...my mind just doesn't work that way, I guess.

@Ps56k2 yes, that was my experience as well. This one is most definitely First Choice America FCU. I previously had the account set up through their previous name (Steel Works Community FCU), which still shows up on Quicken's list but the URL is wrong, so it won't connect. I've reached out to the credit union to ask if they can update their data with Quicken. Fingers crossed...
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022
    As mentioned - there currently is no entry that matches the "America" version of the CU -
    What is the URL that you are using to log into their online website ?
    Also, your Steel version is still currently listed - what happens if you just use that entry for downloading ?
    Note... that the external URL is usually totally different from the internal URL that Quicken uses for downloading...
    26586    26586    26586    Steel Works Community FCU    http://www.steelworks.org/   
    1-800-427-4835    https://fca.online-cu.com/ISuite5/Features/Auth/MFA/Default.aspx    ACTIVE
    BANKING,ACCOUNTINFO&EXP-WEB-CONNECT  

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.