Check Numbers not appearing in register

Options
Rommy
Rommy Member
I've searched all the threads and can't find the resolution to this issue. When I download/update my accounts, no check numbers appear. I see that it's a "Draft" under payee, but no number.
Quicken Deluxe 6.7.1 for MAC

Has anyone found the solution, other than manual entry...for every single check?

Thanks
R

Comments

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    It depends on the bank and possibly the connection method (Direct Connect or Quicken Connect). Which bank is this happening with?
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Also please verify for us: You are writing paper checks from your own checkbook and the downloaded transaction when the check clears the bank does not contain the check number in the Downloaded Transaction tab's Num field. Is that correct?
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    RickO said:
    It depends on the bank and possibly the connection method (Direct Connect or Quicken Connect). Which bank is this happening with?
    Just to add an actual example of this: for a long time, my bank  — Citizens Bank (the mid-Atlantic Citizens Financial Group) — downloaded transactions without check numbers. I reported it to Quicken and talked to Quicken Support. I didn't believe anything was being done about it, but one day, the check numbers started to appear. (But now, mobile deposits also pick up a spurious check number which I have to manually edit out.)

So as RickO said, this is something which can be specific to a particular bank, and the fix may depend on the bank or on Intuit (Quicken's service provider for download connectivity).
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.