quicken bill pay/check pay

Options
I have now tried three times to reach Quicken support regarding useless Checkpay/billpay. They have hung up three times after a wait of twenty minutes or so. It appears there is no longer any useful support from quicken. What should I do? I am tired of reconfiguring check pay. After all these years of subscribing to Quicken, using Quicken, I am about ready to quit. So disappointing. Please, Intuit, call me and start supporting your damn program. [PERSONAL DATA REMOVED] like an upright company would do.

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Intuit sold their interest in Quicken unit to H.I.G. Capital over six years ago and, a bit over seven months ago, H.I.G Capital sold Quicken, Inc. on to Aquiline Capital Partners.

If you're not able to use Check Pay, I suggest you consider using a different payment method.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

About your Bill Manager issues

My 2cents' worth, if I may:

I don't use Bill Pay services or Bill Manager at all, neither the one from Quicken nor the one offered by my bank. Since time "B.I." (before the Internet was invented) I have set up almost all of my recurring payments as Direct Debit, PAC Draft, Autopay, APS, whatever the biller calls it. Using the biller's website, I authorized the biller to electronically debit each payment directly from my checking or credit card account on due date. Now I can sit back, relax and wait for it to happen. Instead of having to wrestle with making payment on time I let the biller do all the work for me.

When I get notified of a new statement having arrived, usually by email, all I have to do in Quicken is to run a regular scheduled reminder to record the transaction. Haven't missed a payment in many years.

I recommend you do the same instead of fighting the Bill Manager windmill, missing payments and getting slapped with penalty interest rates or late fees.

• Richard Starrett
    Richard Starrett Member ✭✭
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Well, those are two comments that reflect what I have actually done, had to do, use my bank's website to pay bills. Still, I paid bills thru Quicken for many years and that was a distinct advantage of using the program. Now Intuit/Quicken/whatever is charging me more for less service.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well, those are two comments that reflect what I have actually done, had to do, use my bank's website to pay bills. Still, I paid bills thru Quicken for many years and that was a distinct advantage of using the program. Now Intuit/Quicken/whatever is charging me more for less service.
    Unfortunately, the service provider (Metavante Payment Services, Inc.) that provided Quicken Bill Pay decided to terminate their bill payment service August 31, 2020.  Fortunately, the equivalent functionality to pay bills thru Quicken is still supported by over 500 financial institutions.  Some provide the functionality for free.
  • BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I am similar to @UKR , where I don't use Quicken for anything bill pay related.  I went directly to the source, my bank, around year 2005 I think where I setup everything to be auto/recurring pay all thru my bank's website.  Things have been very uneventful as everything happens auto-magically by my bank.  I purchased Quicken ~2010 to have an easy view into my expenses, investments and allocations and it has been the most useful tool for me.
    - QWin Deluxe user since 2010, US subscription on Win11
    - I don't use Cloud Sync, Mobile & Web, Bill Pay/Mgr

This discussion has been closed.