Can't log in on Surface Go - "invalid credentials" error

Options
I have Quicken Starter edition. I have the desktop program on my HP laptop and it works fine. I am also able to access the website from there. I have the app on my phone, also works fine, and am able to access the website from there. I recently bought a Surface Go, and I am unable to access the website or the program once I download it. I get either an "invalid credentials" error, or an "oops, something went wrong" error. I have reached out to support, and at their direction I have uninstalled, reinstalled, reset password, etc etc. Nothing seems to work. I really want to be able to access quicken via this device when traveling for extended periods rather than taking a bulky laptop. Any ideas???

Answers

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You want to use the full Quicken program?  What operating system is on the Surface?  You need to run a full Windows os.  

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• ukrascal
    ukrascal Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have Windows 10 Home on there. I would love to use the full program, but at this point I would settle for even being able to log into the website and/or the web based view. The program downloaded to my Surface just fine, but when I launch it and it starts to open it asks me to log in and that's when I get the credentials error....
  • ukrascal
    ukrascal Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @volvogirl said:
    > You want to use the full Quicken program?  What operating system is on the Surface?  You need to run a full Windows os.  

I have Windows 10 Home on there. I would love to use the full program, but at this point I would settle for even being able to log into the website and/or the web based view. The program downloaded to my Surface just fine, but when I launch it and it starts to open it asks me to log in and that's when I get the credentials error....
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Just as a point - I'm guessing you have taken the Surface out of "S" Mode - so you can access the Quicken software ?
    I would ignore the software for now - and focus on getting browser access to the Quicken website -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• ukrascal
    ukrascal Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @Ps56k2 said:
    > Just as a point - I'm guessing you have taken the Surface out of "S" Mode - so you can access the Quicken software ?I would ignore the software for now - and focus on getting browser access to the Quicken website -

Yes, out of S Mode, but still no success...
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just a shot in the dark ... have you ever received one of these Security alerts while starting Quicken on your tablet? Or is Windows Firewall blocking this program?
    If so, see if you can enable Quicken and this program in Defender.
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7857675/faq-windows-defender-controlled-folder-access

This discussion has been closed.