Can I get a list of placeholder entries?

Options
Gonzalo2
Gonzalo2 Member ✭✭
edited July 2022 in Reports (Windows)
Can I get a list of placeholder entries?

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes. At the bottom of the account's Transaction List (register) you should see "Placeholder Entries" Clicking on this will display a list of the Placeholders for that account. You can enter the history and delete all Placeholders from this display.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Jim_Harman
    Options
    Also you can click on the column header to sort the account's Transaction List by Action. Placeholders have an Action type of Entry.

To view the Placeholders, be sure the Show Hidden transactions setting at Edit > Preferences > Investing transactions is selected.
  • Gonzalo2
    Gonzalo2 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks
    I did not phrase question correctly.
    I need a report with placeholder entries for all accounts.
    Any ideas?
  • Jim_Harman
    edited June 2022
    Options
    I would have thought that you would be able to do this with the Investment Transactions report, but I see some issues with that in QWin R41.10:

-- In the report, clicking on the Action column heading should sort the transactions by Action but apparently it does not. The sort order triangle appears in the column header but the transactions are sorted by Account.

-- Placeholders have an Action of "Entry" in the Transaction list but they say "*Placeholder" in the report.

-- Neither "Entry" nor "*Placeholder" appears in the report's Action customization choices, so there is no way to select just those transactions.
This discussion has been closed.