Quicken changing payee and memo to N/A when I do a backup

Doug H.
Doug H. Member ✭✭
Quicken for Windows, version R41.10, Build 27.1.41.10.
Since this latest update, whenever I do a backup, once the backup is finished all of the payee and memo information is removed and replaced with N/A for every entry in my ledger. I have checked and verified that I do not have any renaming rules. I did not change anything after the update. It did not do this prior to the update.

I called Quicken Support. Their only troubleshooting was to verify that I do not have any renaming rules, which I had already verified. They asked me to fill out some of the transactions that had been changed, and attempt to do a backup again. I did. And again it removed the payee and memo and replaced it with N/A. They asked me to restore a backup from prior to the update. I did. Then I filled in all of the missing transactions since the previous update, did a backup, and once it had finished, all of the payee and memo information was replaced with N/A... AGAIN.

I am at my witts end with this. I have corrected the entries all the way back to the beginning of the year multiple times, and it is getting old. I can't backup the ledger, or even exit the program without it clearing all of the entries.

Can anyone offer any suggestions?
Thanks

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    If you haven't already, I suggest you attempt the Copy and Validate Instructions as described in: https://www.quicken.com/support/advanced-data-file-troubleshooting-correct-problems-quicken-windows
  • Doug H.
    Doug H. Member ✭✭
    Thanks. I actually did the file validation after I posted and that made no difference in the issue.

I did find a "fix". I restored a backup from prior to this latest update. Then manually entered in six weeks worth of missing transactions so everything was up to date and current in the ledger. Took me a day or so to get the nerve up to attempt a backup, but just did and everything stayed in the ledger this time.

I wish I knew what the R41 update did that caused this. Several things started happening with that update. Not only was it setting all of my payee and memo fields to N/A, it also started giving me a pop up every time I downloaded bank transactions asking me if I wanted to create a new account (and reuse my existing account name) or connect to my existing account. Never did that prior to the update. It also put flags on any transactions that had not been marked as cleared from importing the downloaded transactions.

Anyway, thanks again for the suggestion. I hope no one else has to fight this silliness
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Doug H. said:
    Thanks. I actually did the file validation after I posted and that made no difference in the issue.

I did find a "fix". I restored a backup from prior to this latest update. Then manually entered in six weeks worth of missing transactions so everything was up to date and current in the ledger. Took me a day or so to get the nerve up to attempt a backup, but just did and everything stayed in the ledger this time.

I wish I knew what the R41 update did that caused this. Several things started happening with that update. Not only was it setting all of my payee and memo fields to N/A, it also started giving me a pop up every time I downloaded bank transactions asking me if I wanted to create a new account (and reuse my existing account name) or connect to my existing account. Never did that prior to the update. It also put flags on any transactions that had not been marked as cleared from importing the downloaded transactions.

Anyway, thanks again for the suggestion. I hope no one else has to fight this silliness
    Did you follow the guidance and perform the Copy?
  • Doug H.
    Doug H. Member ✭✭
    Yes I followed the instructions
This discussion has been closed.