Green Indicator Showing for All Accounts

System
System Member admin
This discussion was created from comments split from: "Reset" button bug in release version - R41.9.

Comments

• AZCoder1959
    AZCoder1959 Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2022
    To add to this, the green indicator in the sidebar flags new transactions for virtually ALL my accounts whether or not there have been new transactions. This forces me to look at all the affected accounts to determine whether or not there have been new transactions to act on.

Note that there have been variations of this bug on and off since the introduction of these flags. I've reported this issue before, and for a while, it (mostly) worked properly. Now it's totally broken again.

Note: This is a Quicken for Mac issue. Since I can't delete comments, I'm leaving this here with this caveat.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    To add to this, the green indicator in the sidebar flags new transactions for virtually ALL my accounts whether or not there have been new transactions. This forces me to look at all the affected accounts to determine whether or not there have been new transactions to act on.

Note that there have been variations of this bug on and off since the introduction of these flags. I've reported this issue before, and for a while, it (mostly) worked properly. Now it's totally broken again.

Note: This is a Quicken for Mac issue. Since I can't delete comments, I'm leaving this here with this caveat.
    Hello @AZCoder1959,     

I am sorry about this problem with status icons that seem to appear inappropriately. Thank you for discussing this with us here on the Quicken Community.

If you have the chance, it would help us to troubleshoot the situation if you could save a backup by going to File > Save a Backup... in the upper menu at the top of the screen while Quicken is open and then create a new 'test' data file by following the steps listed below:

1. Navigate to File
    2. Select New
    3. Select Start from scratch, then click Next
    4. Choose appropriate default categories based on geographic location, then click Next
    5. Choose Don't use Quicken Mobile & Web, then click Next 

You may then add your accounts in the newly created data file by choosing your financial institution and entering your credentials as prompted. I am curious whether or not these issues with incorrect status icons continue in this data file.

I look forward to hearing back from you. 

Thank you, 

Quicken Jared 
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @AZCoder1959 There is a preference setting in Quicken Mac for whether the dots in the sidebar show only recent download or all transactions which you have not manually marked as reviewed. Click the ••• icon at the top of the sidebar and select Sidebar Activity Options. It sounds like you'd like the "Highlight accounts with new transactions" option to be selected; is it instead on the other option?
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • AZCoder1959
    AZCoder1959 Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2022
    jacobs said:
    @AZCoder1959 There is a preference setting in Quicken Mac for whether the dots in the sidebar show only recent download or all transactions which you have not manually marked as reviewed. Click the ••• icon at the top of the sidebar and select Sidebar Activity Options. It sounds like you'd like the "Highlight accounts with new transactions" option to be selected; is it instead on the other option?
    I have the "new transactions" options set. That's not the issue. What I was trying to report (perhaps imperfectly): it doesn't matter whether there are new transactions, the indicator was falsely reporting a reconciled transaction (a green dot + an equals sign). In other words, it's a false indicator. That forces me to look at the transactions for every account with a flag, not just those with new transactions.

In other words, it's more than a cosmetic flaw, it's annoying.

To @Quicken Jared: I already have a test file (since I'm troubleshooting after most updates). The problem is consistent no matter the data file.

IMPORTANT: it seems the most recent update fixed this issue, at least that's how it looks right now. We'll see.

This discussion has been closed.