Quicken (Subscription) Searching Closed Accounts

rk911
rk911 Member
I have a number of old accounts which have all been "CLOSED" and yet when searching within Quicken I'm getting hits on the search item within those CLOSED accounts. All of the options in DISPLAY OPTIONS under ACCOUNT DETAILS are checked. Another bug or am I missing something??

Best Answer

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022 Answer ✓
    rk911 said:
    The expected behavior using the SEARCH box at the upper right hand corner of the screen is to return hits from closed accounts?? But not if I use the SEARC/REPLACE function in EDIT??

I can get used to using search in edit but it seems illogical to be able to exclude hits from closed accounts one way but not the other.

appreciate the help and your time.

The Search in the title bar is equivalent to Find... (Ctrl + F) with Any FieldContains, and Find All.

I suggest you consider renaming the closed registers so they're easily recognizable.  For example, if you prefix the closed register names with ZZZ, the closed registers should sort to the bottom of register lists.

An alternate search approach would be to use the All Transactions register view with the Search filter and excluding the closed accounts.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    I suggest you press Ctrl + H and check Exclude hidden and closed accounts.
  • rk911
    rk911 Member
    Thanks, but CNTL + H does not function with my version of Quicken. All of the accounts in question are CLOSED and have been excluded from Quicken Reports and yet the results of a search still shows matches to the search from these accounts. ????
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ctrl+H is the keyboard shortcut for "click on the Edit Menu item, then click Find/Replace."
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022
    rk911 said:
    Thanks, but CNTL + H does not function with my version of Quicken. All of the accounts in question are CLOSED and have been excluded from Quicken Reports and yet the results of a search still shows matches to the search from these accounts. ????
    Please provide the version of Quicken being used: select Help > About Quicken

• rk911
    rk911 Member
    R41.10, Build 27.1.41.10
  • rk911
    rk911 Member
    Looks like under Edit it's CNTL + SHIFT + H. but i'm using the SEARCH box at the upper right side of the screen. thanks for the suggestion.
  • rk911
    rk911 Member
    Using the Search/Replace under EDIT my search does exclude the hidden/closed accounts but not using the Search box ar the upper right of the screen. ???
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022
    rk911 said:
    R41.10, Build 27.1.41.10
    I suspect you've chosen to use the Quicken standard keyboard mapping.  We prefer the Windows standard: select Edit > Preferences...

• rk911
    rk911 Member
    ok, but it doesn't. it's CNTL+SHIFT+H. and that DOES allow me to exclude hidden/closed accounts but the Search box at the upper right as no option for that...at least none that i can see.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    rk911 said:
    Using the Search/Replace under EDIT my search does exclude the hidden/closed accounts but not using the Search box ar the upper right of the screen. ???
    That is the expected behavior assuming you have checked Exclude hidden and closed accounts.
  • rk911
    rk911 Member
    The expected behavior using the SEARCH box at the upper right hand corner of the screen is to return hits from closed accounts?? But not if I use the SEARC/REPLACE function in EDIT??

I can get used to using search in edit but it seems illogical to be able to exclude hits from closed accounts one way but not the other.

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022 Answer ✓
    rk911 said:

The Search in the title bar is equivalent to Find... (Ctrl + F) with Any FieldContains, and Find All.

I suggest you consider renaming the closed registers so they're easily recognizable.  For example, if you prefix the closed register names with ZZZ, the closed registers should sort to the bottom of register lists.

An alternate search approach would be to use the All Transactions register view with the Search filter and excluding the closed accounts.

This discussion has been closed.