New What Taxable Events Occurred doesn't include Estimated Tax payments

Options
Barbara O'Keeffe
Barbara O'Keeffe Member ✭✭✭
edited July 2022 in Reports (Mac)
I tried the new reports for Current Taxes. It does not include Estimated Quarterly Tax payments even though there is a category for them with associated notation for including on Form 1040. But it doesn't show up when running the report and I can't figure out how to include it since it seems the report format doesn't pick it up.

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    @Barbara O'Keeffe I'm not seeing the problem you're describing. My estimated tax payments, both federal and state, do show up on my Tax Schedule report.

So let's start with: are you referring to the Tax Schedule report? Federal estimated tax payments should show up under "Form 1040 > Federal estimated tax, qrtrly" and state estimated tax payments under "Schedule A > State estimated tax, qrtrly".

If you're using that report and not seeing this, then let's take a closer look at the expense categories you are using. What expense category(ies) are you using? If you open the Window > Categories window, and find this category, double-click to open it. For the federal withholding category, it should use the Tax Form "Form 1040" and the Tax Line "Federal estimated tax, qrtrly", as shown here:

The category for state estimated taxes is similar, using Tax Form "Schedule A" and Tax Line "State estimated tax, qrtrly":

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Barbara O'Keeffe
    Options
    Yes, that is exactly how I have it set up. I went into the edit portion of it to make sure that the Federal Tax category, which is linked to Estimated quarterly is suppose to be part of the report. And it doesn't show up!
  • Barbara O'Keeffe
    Options
    Found it - There were 2 categories set up, one Federal:Federal Tax, the other Federal. When I was filing in the original entry, I didn't notice it was the second one, because the entry box is so small you only see Federal no matter what you have in there.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    Glad you got to the bottom of it!
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.