Truist Investment Set Up for Transactions Download (edited to add more clarity)

Options
moski
moski Member ✭✭✭
edited July 2022 in Investing (Mac)
Until Saturday June 10th, I had been successfully downloading all investment transactions from my Truist investment accounts using the Wealthscape login.  On Saturday morning, this all failed.  Investigating further, I discovered that the wealthscapeinvestor.com URL didn't even allow me to access my account, as everything seems to have switched to the mystreetscape.com URL.  I can get into that account just fine using my old credentials. However, when I try to Reset Connection from Quicken, the app logs in and identifies all the accounts, but when I finish the process I get a new message saying "This service only supports the Simple Connections..." or some such, essentially no longer downloading the transactions. [Removed - Disruptive/Profanity] I've contacted Truist and they said I had to sign up for the Quicken service at $8/month, although with my status this will be waived. Fine, I did this, but I still get the same "Simple Connections" message when I do this.

I've got someone from Truist supposedly trying to help me today, but has anyone else gone through this horrible process?  The transition to Truist (from SunTrust for me) has been bungled about as badly as anything I have ever seen, and my investment adviser agrees and sympathizes.

Thanks for any insights you can provide.

Best Answer

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @moski .  I used to be a Sun Trust customer and closed my accounts there not too long before the transition to Truist began so I cannot give you any comments regarding my personal experience.  But I noticed there is a lengthy PDF file (37 pages long) that Truist published for Quicken and Quickbooks set up that pertains to this transition:   https://www.truist.com/content/dam/truist/us/en/documents/internal/olb/QRG-OLB-DirectConnectReenroll.pdf.
    This lengthy PDF document mentions several steps that need to be completed in order to get set up with Direct Connect, including:
    1. Subscibing to their Direct Connect service for $7.95/month.  It shows what you need to do to get subscribed on their system.
    2. Registering your Quicken data file with your Truist online account.
    3. How to set up Truist for Direct Connect in Quicken.
    If you have not already done so, you might want to read through this PDF file to either confirm that you have already taken these steps or, if not, to see what the steps are that need to be taken.  You'll probably need to read each page of the PDF file because it jumps around between Quicken and Quickbooks and between Windows and Mac.
    I hope this helps.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

• moski
    moski Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Thank you for digging that up for me.  Unfortunately, all that pertains only to the banking accounts, not the investment accounts.  I actually didn't have any problem with that transition when it happened. It's only recently when Truist made some other change to their investment side that the problems have occurred.  I'm starting to get the feeling that there is no answer, but I keep digging.
  • Boatnmaniac
    edited June 2022
    Options
    The FIDIR (Financial Institution Directory) list for QW has several listings for Truist but not one of them shows support for INVESTMENT accounts.  They only show support BANKING and CREDIT accounts.
    It could be that the FIDIR list for QM does show Truist support for INVESTMENT but I do not have the FIDIR file for QM so I cannot check it. 
    You could search your hard drive for the FIDIR list and open it with a document reader (something like Notepad in Windows).  Then do a search in the file for "Truist" and see if any of the listings there include "INVESTMENT". 
    If there is a Truist listing that does have "INVESTMENT" in the line, try to set up the investment account(s) again with that specific Financial Institution.  If you still cannot set up the account you will probably need to discuss the issue with Truist.
    If none of the Truist listings includes "INVESTMENT" then it is likely that you will not be able to download investments from Truist.   Quicken will add INVESTMENT support for Truist but Truist will need to contract for it before that will happen.

• Boatnmaniac
    Options
    @moski - Thanks for posting this here.  I am sure that others will find this to be helpful.

This discussion has been closed.