"Invalid Credentials" - domestic user in US

Bob@34
Bob@34 Member ✭✭✭
Issue since perhaps Saturday (July 2nd). Start Quicken and it prompts me to enter my credentials (email address is already there). Enter my password and am told that these are not my correct credentials. Ask for help and get a text to my phone with a six-digit access code. Enter this and create a new password. Prompted again to enter my password and get the same damn message advising me that I'm using incorrect credentials. I am unable to download any transactions because of this.

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Bob@34 said:
    Issue since perhaps Saturday (July 2nd). Start Quicken and it prompts me to enter my credentials (email address is already there). Enter my password and am told that these are not my correct credentials. Ask for help and get a text to my phone with a six-digit access code. Enter this and create a new password. Prompted again to enter my password and get the same damn message advising me that I'm using incorrect credentials. I am unable to download any transactions because of this.
    Hello @Bob@34

I am sorry to hear about this problem with sign-in loops. Thank you for looking to the Quicken Community for assistance.

First, verify you are using the correct password using these steps:

1. Type your password into a text application, such as Notepad, WordPad, or other text/word application. Note: This is a way of confirming you don't have typographical errors in this field.  
    2. Highlight the "confirmed" password and then copy it (Ctrl + C) and paste it (Ctrl + V) into the appropriate fields in Quicken.
    You can read more about any further issues with the six-digit verification code in the Support Article linked here. Also, have you made use of the steps listed in this article?

I look forward to hearing about your results, once these have been attempted. 

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
  • Bob@34
    Bob@34 Member ✭✭✭
    I had done all of this. Did find https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7915219/invalid-credentials-when-using-quicken-outside-of-us/p2 which seems to address my problem and that of others. I have opted to try again in 48 hours to see if I get anywhere with this.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Bob@34 said: Issue since perhaps Saturday (July 2nd). Start Quicken and it prompts me to enter my credentials
    Are you using Quicken out of the US or with a VPN ??
    [EDIT] - I have updated the topic title to reflect the TWO different scenario topic threads...
    this one is for US DOMESTIC users

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    [EDIT] - also - there are now TWO different "credentials" topic threads -
    - one for users in domestic US
    - one for users outside US
    please try and post in the appropriate topic to help the Quicken support folks follow each area -
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7915788

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Bob@34
    Bob@34 Member ✭✭✭
    Ps56k2
    I am using Quicken outside the US both with (Nord) and without a VPN connection. I have updated this in the "Outside" the US thread on this topic.
    Thanks,
This discussion has been closed.