Bill Mgr review and repair payments created placeholder transaction that cant be deleted (Q Mac)

I was attempting to clean up issues in Bill Manager and ran "review and repair payments and the process recreated /duplicates10 previous payments ($5882.35) in my check register and marked them as "placeholder for Check Pay Transactions . I cant delete or cancel them and I am concerned that Check Pay is going to pay them all over again and blow up in checking account !

Comments

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Try holding down the option key while clicking the delete button on the toolbar.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • starrdd49
    starrdd49 Member ✭✭
    Rick0 thanks for the reply, Im using the Windows version and I dont have an "option" key and when do a CTL D I get a pop up telling me that I must first cancel the transaction . Because the app programmatically created the transactions I think the software simply thinks they have already been processed by Check Pay and will not let me cancel them. I did ask support to check with "check pay" and see if these are GOING to be processed. Crickets ;-(
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @starrdd49 You posted your question under a Quicken Mac category, which is why RickO replied as he did. As those of us here who follow Quicken Mac topics often have no clue about Quicken Windows, I've asked a moderator to move your question to the appropriate Quicken Windows category where some of the Quicken Windows experts may be able to help you. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • starrdd49
    starrdd49 Member ✭✭
    Thanks jacobs ! I'm just flabbergasted that 1) there is no doc or video on the Bill Manager process of "Repair and Review" and 2) there is no way to get rid of the "placeholder" transactions it created.
  • starrdd49
    starrdd49 Member ✭✭
    edited July 2022
    I got this from support

How to remove "placeholder" transactions created by the Review and Repair process.

1) Select the “placeholder” transaction in the register
    2) Change the check number to “failed”
    3) Press and hold CTRL and Shift keys together thru the rest of the process
    4) Right click on the transaction
    5) Click on “delete” in the drop down
    6) Click “yes” on the popup to delete the transaction
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    starrdd49 said:
    I got this from support

How to remove "placeholder" transactions created by the Review and Repair process.

1) Select the “placeholder” transaction in the register
    2) Change the check number to “failed”
    3) Press and hold CTRL and Shift keys together thru the rest of the process
    4) Right click on the transaction
    5) Click on “delete” in the drop down
    6) Click “yes” on the popup to delete the transaction
    Hello @starrdd49,            

I am glad to hear that you were able to obtain further information about this feature in your interaction with Quicken Support. Thank you for updating us and sharing the details of your troubleshooting here on the Quicken Community. 

Were you able to successfully remove the placeholder transactions, and has the issue been resolved to your satisfaction? Let me know if there is anything else we can help with.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 

This discussion has been closed.