I just got back from vacation and updated Quicken. My investments have gone up too much. Why?

Indnix
Indnix Member
edited August 2022 in Investing (Mac)
Two of my investment accounts have gone up 3,000% to 4,000% in two weeks. What happened to the transactions while I was on vacation?

Answers

• Indnix
    Indnix Member
    Please advise as to how to get my investments to agree with the values on Schwab as of this past Friday. Thanks.
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe check the price History for each Security.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Google 20-1 stock split as of Friday 7/15/22 ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Since we can't see your Quicken, you'd have to provide more information for anyone here to be able to help. Have you looked at the investment accounts individually? Did every one soar in value, or just one or two? Did you look at the individual securities in an account with inflated value to see which security(ies) are showing a different value in Quicken versus what you see when you log into your Schwab account? With a little digging like this, you should be able to zero in on a culprit. 

(That said, @Ps56k2 has taken a pretty good guess! If you own shares of Alphabet (Google), there's a good chance that Friday's 20-for-1 stock split may take a day or two until the split transaction and price histories are fully in sync.)
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.