is this the scheduled payment for this Scheduled Bill or Deposit?

Philip Mead
Philip Mead Member ✭✭
I get this when I am entering a scheduled transaction for next month, which I have been for years - I first used quicken in the early 1990's
Quicken askes me 12 times per entry, which happens weekly - how do I tell it to stop or, better, not ask at all.
This is a major annoyance

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you using the same Payee Name for a number of different types of transactions, e.g., "Transfer Money" from account A to B, "Transfer Money" for account A to C, etc.? In that case, distinct payee names might help.
    I had this happen on really rare occasions, but never regularly. IIRC, last time this happened to me, I had recorded a rebate using the same payee name as the monthly payment reminder. Q stopped asking after 2 or 3 months.
  • Greg Brown
    Greg Brown Member, Windows Beta Beta
    I agree this is a MAJOR annoyance for me as well, but only on my HSN account where I add reminders for all of the FlexPay transactions. Is there any way to STOP these??

Quicken Business and Personal-R55.13. Windows 11 PRO current on updates

• Yep, me too. Very annoying. I get "Is this the scheduled payment for..." on many of my reminder/scheduled transactions, every month, without fail. No. No. No. No. Would be great to turn it off.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you record these Scheduled Reminders BEFORE you download transactions from the bank which contain data for these reminders?
    IMHO, it's better to have an existing register transaction on file already instead of letting the download process create new register transactions based on reminders. If a transaction already exists in the register it can be matched to the newly downloaded data, without the need for prompting.
    I rarely ever get prompted like that, because all my register transactions have already been entered by the time I download data from the bank. The download only serves as confirmation to my record-keeping.
  • Greg Brown
    Here's how it happens for me; my lovely wife makes a purchase from HSN and puts it on flexpay. I add the transaction into Quicken the next day and add reminders for the upcoming flexpays. When I get an email from HSN saying that I have a flexpay transaction getting ready to post, I go to HSN register in Quicken and enter the reminder from the reminders tab, that's the point it starts asking, is this the blah blah blah...
    While the payee is always HSN the amounts are ALWAYS different. And BTW my lovely wife makes a lot of hsn purchases on flexpay...😁

• Greg Brown
    It would be very beneficial if; before Quicken asks "Is this the scheduled payment for..." it verifies the amount. If the amount is different, don't ask...

• Greg Brown
    This is REDICULOUS. I am being asked 18 times if this is the payment scheduled for... and of course, the AMOUNTS don't match. Can't this be turned off? Does ANYBODY find this useful??

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried using distinct Payee Names for each of these HSN reminders?
    For example, "HSN {inv. 123456}", "HSN {inv. 234567}"
    With a little luck, this should keep the number of questions down ...
  • Greg Brown
    Actually, they have unique memo contents and unique AMOUNTS...

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Actually they can’t really go by the amount, it might not be exactly the same.
    This is one of those well meaning features that don’t really work right in practice most of the time, and is also left and forgotten. The purpose is to “pull in reminders” that might be a few days past when they are actually downloaded.

What they really need is a way to turn this off.  I know that people have been asking for it for years.

I’m sure there is at least one long forgotten Idea thread on it, but like the feature itself has long since been forgotten.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.