I want to change a banking/checking file to an investment file,is it possible in Quicken 2022 ?

Gene619
Gene619 Member ✭✭
I picked the wrong category when I opened my first Quicken acct. years ago, I would like to move my records to an investment acct. if possible.
Is the 'file export' method the proper way ?, I don't want to loose any of my records .

Answers

• Gene619
    Gene619 Member ✭✭
    I know I'm not the only user who finds that Quicken has gotten more complicated.
    Editing data records,updating quotes and finding info aka, posting a question.
    I thought this was supposed to be a user friendly program.
    We pay enough now that it is a subscription cost..,what gives ?
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Gene619 said:
    I picked the wrong category when I opened my first Quicken acct. years ago, I would like to move my records to an investment acct. if possible.
    Is the 'file export' method the proper way ?, I don't want to loose any of my records .
    It is possible to move non-investment transactions to an investment register within Quicken.   The simplest way is to create an offline brokerage account register and have Quicken show cash in a checking account.  Then, move the transactions from the non-investment register into the brokerage register's checking account.   When done, you may choose to no longer have Quicken not show the cash in a checking account.  

Before you make any significant changes to your Quicken file, always save a backup: press Ctrl + B
This discussion has been closed.