How to create a Report for selected payee names, YTD (Q Mac)

Options
whitepd47
whitepd47 Member ✭✭
edited August 2022 in Reports (Mac)
How can I print a reports that shoes YTD purchases at a specific company- Walmart, Amazon, etc?

Best Answer

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    @Peter I believe @The Keeper uses Quicken Windows, and the Easy Answer options are apparently different in Quicken Windows than Quicken Mac. I'd note that "Easy Answer" is a brand new feature in the most recent release of Quicken Mac last month, so it's likely there will be more Easy Answer options added in the future. 

That's why I indicated how to do it the non-Easy Answer way, creating a report from scratch. It's almost the same number of clicks. ;) And you can save your report if there's a Payee you need to check on repeatedly.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993

Answers

• The Keeper
    The Keeper Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    From the Quicken register:
    • Click on "reports" on the menu bar at the top of the screen
    • Select "Easy Answer"
    • On the left side under "Easy Answer" 
    • Select "How much did I pay to?"
    • Enter "Walmart" (or Amazon or whatever business you want)
    • Select "Year to Date" or using the down arrow select another option
    • Click "Show Report"
    • When the report window opens select the "print" icon at the top of the screen
    From the "Easy Answer" window you can select "how much did I spend on" and then select a category. Groceries - Dining - Household - etc
  • jacobs
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Or…
    • Select Create Transaction Report from the Reports menu
    • Select Row = Payee
    • Click Continue to Customize
    • Click on the Payees tab
    • Click Include only transactions with selected payees
    • Click Clear All, and then click just the one, or several, Payees you want to report on
    • Make sure the Date Range at the top is set to Year to Date
    • Click OK
  • whitepd47
    whitepd47 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you
    for the responses. Re 'The Keeper' response, I don't have (or don't see) a 'How much did I pay to' tab?
  • jacobs
    Answer ✓
    Options
    @Peter I believe @The Keeper uses Quicken Windows, and the Easy Answer options are apparently different in Quicken Windows than Quicken Mac. I'd note that "Easy Answer" is a brand new feature in the most recent release of Quicken Mac last month, so it's likely there will be more Easy Answer options added in the future. 

That's why I indicated how to do it the non-Easy Answer way, creating a report from scratch. It's almost the same number of clicks. ;) And you can save your report if there's a Payee you need to check on repeatedly.
This discussion has been closed.