Is Quicken Deluxe able to be used for a Non Profit? Does it support Form 990 generation? How to...

Options
Looking for assistance for a small non profit food pantry. Can I set up an account that is non profit?

Best Answers

• [Deleted User]
    edited July 2022 Answer ✓
    Options
    @HCTreasurer - I personally don't see a reason why Quicken wouldn't be able to help with filling out Form 990, but it doesn't actually generate a Form 990.  I think you can easily set up the appropriate income and expense categories and create income & expense reports and balance statements to complete Form 990.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Q  itself doesn't generate ANY tax forms ... but you can set up your own categories to match what's on the 990 and generate a report using those categories to fill in the tax form.
    And, I've used Q for several non-profits.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

Answers

• [Deleted User]
    edited July 2022 Answer ✓
    Options
    @HCTreasurer - I personally don't see a reason why Quicken wouldn't be able to help with filling out Form 990, but it doesn't actually generate a Form 990.  I think you can easily set up the appropriate income and expense categories and create income & expense reports and balance statements to complete Form 990.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Q  itself doesn't generate ANY tax forms ... but you can set up your own categories to match what's on the 990 and generate a report using those categories to fill in the tax form.
    And, I've used Q for several non-profits.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

This discussion has been closed.