Downloading Quicken Deluxe to PC in Australia

Help please! Have just purchased Quicken Deluxe but cannot download it on my PC in Australia. Every time I click on the download link sent in the email and online I am looped to the Quicken home page exhorting me to buy Quicken. I've checked my Norton settings and have not got my VPN engaged, although I'm new to Windows 11 and am unsure if any security settings are impeding progress, or whether the difficulty is that I'm in Australia. Any assistance will be most appreciated, thank you!

Best Answer

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022 Answer ✓
    Thanks for the explanation @Ammat1966 .  Since you are OK with using Quicken manually and you really do not like subscriptions you might want to consider continuing to use your 2016 version...that is if you still have the disk for it.  I mention this because when your subscription expires there will be a banner that takes up about 20% of your screen reminding you to resubscribe.  That banner can only be removed if you pay to renew your subscription for another year.  If you decide not to renew your subscription you will be able to continue using Quicken manually but you will always have that banner and some people really do not like that.
    If you decide to use your 2016 version you might run into a problem where during installation it will ask you for your Intuit ID.  Intuit no longer owns so your Intuit ID will no longer work.  You will need to update your Quicken 2016 installation to R19.5 which will get you past that Intuit ID requirement and change it to a Quicken ID requirement.  You can get the R19.5 update file after installing Quicken 2016 by downloading and installing the Release 19.5 Mondo file from http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/quicken-2016-patches.html.  Once installed you can start using Quicken 2016 with your Quicken ID (your Quicken.com account ID and PW).
    If you do decide to use your Quicken 2016, you have 30 days from the date of your subscription purchase to request a full refund for that subscription:  https://www.quicken.com/support/Terms-and-Conditions-For-Exchanging-Canceling-or-Refunding-Quicken-Products.
    Best of wishes to you in whichever path you decide to take.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

Answers

• Ammat1966
    Ammat1966 Member
    Sorry, sorry... finally found out where my Firewall was and turned off to enable Quicken download - thank you for your concern and my apologies for my tool-ness!
  • Boatnmaniac
    Glad to hear you got it figured out. 
    By the way, the US version of Quicken is a program that has full functionality only with US financial institutions.  It cannot be used to download financial information from any financial institutions outside of the US.  It can, however, be used manually for any financial institutions outside of the US.
    There is no Quicken version for Australia (or any other country outside of the US and Canada).  There used to be a Quicken Australia many years ago but that was sold off and is now called Reckon: https://www.reckon.com/au/personal/.

• Ammat1966
    Ammat1966 Member
    Hi Boatnmaniac. Thanks for your comment. I've been a user of Quicken for over a decade, during which time my uptake of technology has declined, hence my panic at not being able to download it immediately. I've been using the 2016 version from disc as I HATE the idea of digital subscriptions, but my old computer crashed and stupidly I forgot that the data is kept on the C drive whereas most of my data is stored on external hard drives (makes it easier to grab data when fleeing from bushfires here in Western Australia). Anyway, my last backup was a few days ago so I'm confident of recreating my files accurately. All the best to you and yours, and thank you again.
  • Boatnmaniac
    edited July 2022 Answer ✓
    Thanks for the explanation @Ammat1966 .  Since you are OK with using Quicken manually and you really do not like subscriptions you might want to consider continuing to use your 2016 version...that is if you still have the disk for it.  I mention this because when your subscription expires there will be a banner that takes up about 20% of your screen reminding you to resubscribe.  That banner can only be removed if you pay to renew your subscription for another year.  If you decide not to renew your subscription you will be able to continue using Quicken manually but you will always have that banner and some people really do not like that.
    If you decide to use your 2016 version you might run into a problem where during installation it will ask you for your Intuit ID.  Intuit no longer owns so your Intuit ID will no longer work.  You will need to update your Quicken 2016 installation to R19.5 which will get you past that Intuit ID requirement and change it to a Quicken ID requirement.  You can get the R19.5 update file after installing Quicken 2016 by downloading and installing the Release 19.5 Mondo file from http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/quicken-2016-patches.html.  Once installed you can start using Quicken 2016 with your Quicken ID (your Quicken.com account ID and PW).
    If you do decide to use your Quicken 2016, you have 30 days from the date of your subscription purchase to request a full refund for that subscription:  https://www.quicken.com/support/Terms-and-Conditions-For-Exchanging-Canceling-or-Refunding-Quicken-Products.
    Best of wishes to you in whichever path you decide to take.

• Ammat1966
    Ammat1966 Member
    You are so kind, Boatnmaniac! I had to purchase the subscription because my new computer doesn't have an dvd r/w (idiot me for not confirming before purchase), and these are like hens teeth to purchase, so I've had to order one from the US. I fully intend to re-install Quicken 2016, which will no doubt require updates afterwards and I can access by just clicking the "x" when the request for ID comes up (it's been doing that for a while on my computer that's just died and led to the new purchase of a Lenovo - no more HP for me!)

Anyway, sorry about the diatribe. I shall keep in mind your advice and, if possible, will look into cancelling as I certainly can't afford to subscribe every year given I'm on a modest pension.

Do take care, and thank you again for your very generous advice :o)
  • Boatnmaniac
    You are welcome.  Just one other thing you might want to think about.  Since you have the 2016 disc but do not have a dvd drive in your new PC, you might want to buy a cheap external dvd player that you can link up to your PC with a USB cable.  In this country a cheap external dvd player can be bought for $20-$25 dollars....even less than that if a used one can be found.  It would be less expensive than the annual subscription fee.

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or maybe you can use another pc to copy the disc to a usb flash drive?  I know you can for Turbo Tax.  

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• Ammat1966
    Ammat1966 Member
    Hi Volvogirl. Thank you for your suggestion :o)
This discussion has been closed.