Form 5695, Residential Energy Credits

Options
Panzer Tank
Panzer Tank Member
Just chatted with Quicken support. Within the chat the agent advised the following.

It seem that Quicken no longer has the Tax form 5695.

I don't understand. The form is still used by the IRS. How should I record the tax credits that I will be filing for this year's tax return?

You can go to Quicken Community and send a feedback so we can implement on the next update.

Will Quicken implement Form 5695, Residential Energy Credits?

Best Answer

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022 Answer ✓
    Options
    Did Quicken ever have Form 5695 in it?  Just asking because I do not recall ever seeing it before.
    At any rate, there are many tax forms and schedules that Quicken does not have.  A big part of the reason for this is that Quicken is not a tax software program.  It is a personal finance program with some (not comprehensive) tax planning features.
    There are a couple of Product Improvement Ideas to allow users to add tax forms/schedules:
    I would encourage you to vote for them.  The Quicken Team does review all new product ideas and will take them into consideration when they update their product development plans.  Those with more user votes are more likely to get the attention of the Quicken Team and more likely to be added to their development plans.
    To vote for an idea, click on the up triangle button below the 1st post in the thread.  Here is an example of what one would look like:
    If you want, you could also submit your own request for this specific form.  There is no guarantee that this form will ever be added to Quicken but if it is not requested it for sure will not get added. 
    To submit your own New Product Idea:  At the top right side of either one of these new idea threads you should see a blue button with New Idea in it.  Click on that to create your new idea...and be sure to vote for it after you have submitted it.
    Unless and until this form gets added to Quicken you will need to either manually enter it into the tax software you will use or if you do your taxes manually you can download the form from the IRS.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022 Answer ✓
    Options
    Did Quicken ever have Form 5695 in it?  Just asking because I do not recall ever seeing it before.
    At any rate, there are many tax forms and schedules that Quicken does not have.  A big part of the reason for this is that Quicken is not a tax software program.  It is a personal finance program with some (not comprehensive) tax planning features.
    There are a couple of Product Improvement Ideas to allow users to add tax forms/schedules:
    I would encourage you to vote for them.  The Quicken Team does review all new product ideas and will take them into consideration when they update their product development plans.  Those with more user votes are more likely to get the attention of the Quicken Team and more likely to be added to their development plans.
    To vote for an idea, click on the up triangle button below the 1st post in the thread.  Here is an example of what one would look like:
    If you want, you could also submit your own request for this specific form.  There is no guarantee that this form will ever be added to Quicken but if it is not requested it for sure will not get added. 
    To submit your own New Product Idea:  At the top right side of either one of these new idea threads you should see a blue button with New Idea in it.  Click on that to create your new idea...and be sure to vote for it after you have submitted it.
    Unless and until this form gets added to Quicken you will need to either manually enter it into the tax software you will use or if you do your taxes manually you can download the form from the IRS.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

This discussion has been closed.