Share balances

Options
pamela2707
pamela2707 Member
edited September 2022 in Investing (Windows)
I have several investments that are showing a share balance and others that are not. I don't know what I did differently, but does anyone know how I can get share balances on them all? Thanks so much!

Answers

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It might be set up as a Single Mutual Fund account.  
    To check if it is a Single Mutual Fund SMF open the Account List.  Go to Tools-Account List or do Ctrl+A.  Click Edit by the Account.  There might be a checkbox for Single Mutual Fund.  

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Also, what Quicken are you using?  I suspect you are using an older no-longer-supported version.  Older versions showed a Share Balance column only for Single Mutual Fund accounts.  Newer and current versions for all such 'brokerage' accounts. 
  • pamela2707
    Options
    I was actually wrong about that. The share balance was there, just not all on the far right column. Thank you so much for your replies!
  • Heejin Kim
    Heejin Kim Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. I don't know which version I have but I have been subscribing the program and support. I tried to look at the column on the far right but I still cannot find a share balance column.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Options
    To see the version of Quicken you are running, go to Help > About Quicken.

In current versions of Quicken, go to Edit > Preferences > Investments and make sure the boxes for the Share Balance and other columns you want to see are not checked, i.e. the columns are not hidden.

There are two column layouts for investing accounts - normal and "Single Mutual fund" (SMF).

For normal accounts, the full list of columns is
    <paperclip>, Clr, Date, Action, Security, Description, Share Bal, Inv. Amount, Cash Amount, and Cash Bal

For SMF accounts, the columns are
    <paperclip>, Clr, Date, Action, Security, Description, Inv. Amount, and Share Bal

Some of these columns can be made so narrow that there is no room for any data. If this is the case, there will be two short vertical lines between the column headings where the missing column should be. Place your mouse over the rightmost line. The cursor should change to a double-ended arrow. Click and drag the line to the right to make the column wider.

If the columns are too wide to fit on your screen, there will be a scroll bar at the bottom of the Transaction list (register) and you will have to click and drag it to see the columns that are not displayed. You may want to make the columns narrower so that they can all be displayed without scrolling.

QWin Premier subscription
This discussion has been closed.