one step update freezing

Options
suzierog
suzierog Member ✭✭
one step update is freezing and causing me to have to exit from quicken via task manager. This is a new problem since last update to quicken

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @suzierog,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

To start with, I suggest that you please try validating and/or super validating your data file. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate
    1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
    If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:
    1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• suzierog
    suzierog Member ✭✭
    Options
    I did both validate and super validate and one step update still hangs up and causes me to close quicken with task manager
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Thank you for your response.

Next, have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling Quicken? Please refer to the following support articles for instructions on uninstalling here and reinstalling here.

However, after you have uninstalled and before you proceed with reinstalling, please open your Windows File Explorer and navigate to This PC > C: Drive > Program Files (x86) and delete the folder titled "Quicken" (doing so does not affect your data files). After you have deleted this folder, go ahead and try reinstalling.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    suzierog said:
    one step update is freezing and causing me to have to exit from quicken via task manager. This is a new problem since last update to quicken
    How long do you wait before you "push the panic button"?
    Where, as shown in the OSU progress screen, is the process: Updating accounts (downloading transactions) or Syncing to the cloud?

• suzierog
    suzierog Member ✭✭
    Options
    mostly updating accounts, but it has hung up on syncing to cloud after I deleted some 20 year old banking accounts
  • bkinva
    bkinva Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I am experiencing the same behavior. OSU causes Quicken to completely freeze when using 42.19 (HF1). I have to kill the task via Task Manager. I reinstalled from 42.8 and then OSU operates as expected, until I upgrade to 42.19 again and it freezes again. I have gone through the process multiple times with same outcome.
This discussion has been closed.