Online banking tab missing from account

blarson7
blarson7 Member ✭✭
I have a loan account, (Rocket Mortgage/Quicken Loans) that I have been downloading updates from each month after my payment posts. Today it wouldn't connect, so I tried to use the reset account button, but that wouldn't work. When I click on it, it did nothing. I thought I would then deactivate, re-activate the account to re-establish the connection. Once it deactivated, I no longer have the "Online Banking" tab so I can activate it again.
Tagged:

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    A couple of days ago an Alert was posted regarding Rocket Mortgage:  NEW 8/4/22 Quicken Loans/Rocket Mortgage CC-601/FDP-101.  I'm guessing this is what caused your connection issue.
    Until the issue is resolved you probably will not be able to connect from them.  You can wait until later and try to reactivate the account (via Add Account or Set Up Now) later or you can instead restore a recent file (from before when you deactivated the account).  I would probably go the restore backup option, myself, and then just periodically try updating the account to see if the issue is resolved.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• blarson7
    blarson7 Member ✭✭
    Thank you for the quick response. Normally, I would restore a backup to resolve this, but this is only one of many issues that came up, I believe after the last update to the Quicken program. I was on the phone with Quicken support on two occasions trying to resolve issues with my bank accounts saying they had been deleted, then my Chase account. It's been a nightmare getting things relatively back to normal. To fix all of these issues I had to resort to a backup I had made from July 24th. It took me a lot of time to get everything up to date. Even then I had to do a balance adjustment on the Chase account to get it to be correct. I'm hesitant to go through all of that again, to try and get the loan back. I can't believe there's no way to re-establish that connection, short of a backup or redo setting up the entire loan again which I have had since 2020. I believe at the time I had to manually setup that loan because I could find "Quicken Loans" or "Rocket Mortgage" as a known option when I used "add account". That appears to still be the case.
    Not sure what to do. Do I delete the old loan and then set it all up again manually from scratch? Typically, when deactivate and reactivate an account, it asks you to sign in, it finds your account, and then you can match it to an existing account in Quicken. I can't do that here because the option to activate is not available.
    I have used Quicken for 15 years, and this is by far the worst series of issues I've ever had.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    blarson7 said:
    Thank you for the quick response. Normally, I would restore a backup to resolve this, but this is only one of many issues that came up, I believe after the last update to the Quicken program. I was on the phone with Quicken support on two occasions trying to resolve issues with my bank accounts saying they had been deleted, then my Chase account. It's been a nightmare getting things relatively back to normal. To fix all of these issues I had to resort to a backup I had made from July 24th. It took me a lot of time to get everything up to date. Even then I had to do a balance adjustment on the Chase account to get it to be correct. I'm hesitant to go through all of that again, to try and get the loan back. I can't believe there's no way to re-establish that connection, short of a backup or redo setting up the entire loan again which I have had since 2020. I believe at the time I had to manually setup that loan because I could find "Quicken Loans" or "Rocket Mortgage" as a known option when I used "add account". That appears to still be the case.
    Not sure what to do. Do I delete the old loan and then set it all up again manually from scratch? Typically, when deactivate and reactivate an account, it asks you to sign in, it finds your account, and then you can match it to an existing account in Quicken. I can't do that here because the option to activate is not available.
    I have used Quicken for 15 years, and this is by far the worst series of issues I've ever had.
    Unfortunately, when updating the Quicken version from with Quicken it seems that there is a chance that the data file can get corrupted.  I usually recommend doing loading and installing the Mondo Patch rather than updating from within Quicken because it appears to me that there are fewer issues encountered.
    When issues are encountered after a version update I've found that restoring the last backup before the version update will usually resolve all of the issues without need to do a whole bunch of troubleshooting.
    Something else that I've observed when doing deactivate/reactivate: 
    • There is a risk of the Opening Balance transaction $ amount being changed.  So it's always a good idea to write down what the Opening Balance transaction is before doing the deactivate/reactivate.  If the Opening Balance transaction $ is changed, then it can be easily corrected.
    • There is a risk that a 2nd "Opening Balance" transaction will be entered, usually somewhere in the 30-90 days window.  Look for one and, if found, delete it.
    • There is a risk that transactions will be entered into the account register that are duplicates of what is already entered there.  If/when this happens, duplicate transactions will need to be manually deleted.
    After reviewing for these things and taking appropriate action as needed, the accounts will then usually balance out without needing to enter a balancing transaction.
    Regarding your Quicken Loans/Rocket Mortgage account:    Since the Alert issue with Quicken Loans/Rocket Mortgage is still open it means that you probably cannot reconnect your loan no matter what you do. 
    I had suggested restoring the backup file because you had not yet deactivated the account.  That being the case it should mean that when that Alert issue is resolved you should be able to starting downloading again without needing to do anything. 
    If you do not want to restore that backup file, then when the Alert changes to "Resolved" you will need to run Add Account or Set Up Now again to get the account connected.  Of course, you can try setting up the account before then and maybe you will get lucky.
    But I am a bit confused by "Typically, when deactivate and reactivate an account, it asks you to sign in, it finds your account, and then you can match it to an existing account in Quicken. I can't do that here because the option to activate is not available." Does the Online Services tab of Account Details show that the account is connected or does it show "Set Up Now"?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

This discussion has been closed.