Investment Allocation Report

Options
keithcnj
keithcnj Member ✭✭
edited September 2022 in Investing (Windows)
For two of my accounts with a largish number of securities, the report shows a different total value than that shown in the listing to the left under the account. The total report is always wrong, but if I customize it to go through the accounts one by one, most are correct, but two are wrong. My guess is that some security has an allocation breakdown not equaling 100%, but I've spot checked most of them and they are all correct. What's going on?

Comments

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have not seen an issue with a security that has an allocation not adding up to 100%, but sometimes transactions get damaged in a way that gets the allocation wrong. 

The first thing I would do is back up your data file, then do a File > Validate and Repair to see if that fixes the problem.

If the Validate and Repair does not help. click on Holdings for the account and set the As of date and the Asset Allocation report's ending date back in time until you find the first date when the totals disagree. Look for a transaction on that date and try deleting and re-entering it.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • keithcnj
    keithcnj Member ✭✭
    Options
    I tried all of the usual stuff. I ran the Portfolio Value report and it doesn't reconcile with the holdings. The graph and the report don't match in the totals, either, and when I expanded the "Other" category in the graph, it shows a security that was sold about a year ago. So I'm just going to presume going forward, that these reports are broadly indicative of my holdings, and that because they are so buggy, certainly cannot be used for anything that requires precision. Maybe Quicken will fix them, but I'm not holding my breath.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As I said above, the problem is most likely something wrong in your data. If you would like help finding it please try what I recommended and post back with any questions.
    QWin Premier subscription
This discussion has been closed.