Wells Fargo acct and Quicken register do not show same amount... why?

Options
Q-walt
Q-walt Member
in 20 years I have never seen a Balance Adjustment required. Have had 3 in last 2 weeks for a total of $1,707.50.
Q Register shows balance of $7,477.98
WF acct shows balance of $11,864.96

This occurred when trying to update to R42.21 from slightly earlier version but message kept saying I had latest version when obviously I did not. And there was a warning that not updating could cause the register to misbehave. And all Q listed transactions are Reconciled. Suggestions pls.

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Q-walt said:
    in 20 years I have never seen a Balance Adjustment required. Have had 3 in last 2 weeks for a total of $1,707.50.
    Q Register shows balance of $7,477.98
    WF acct shows balance of $11,864.96

This occurred when trying to update to R42.21 from slightly earlier version but message kept saying I had latest version when obviously I did not. And there was a warning that not updating could cause the register to misbehave. And all Q listed transactions are Reconciled. Suggestions pls.
    Hello @Q-walt,     

I am sorry to hear about this frustrating issue with incongruent balances. Thank you for letting us know about this here on the Quicken Community. 

First, are you noticing missing transactions in your account register(s)? Also, did you operate the account manually (without a connection to online banking services) at one point? Lastly, just so I am sure: were you able to successfully update the software?

I look forward to your answers, and hope to troubleshoot this issue with you further once I know more about the situation. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Check to make sure that the Opening Balance of the account(s) was not changed by Quicken without you being aware of it.  Recently, Quicken has been doing this under certain conditions, so the suggested hint on this is to put the correct amount in the Memo field for future reference to see if it was changed.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Q-walt
    Q-walt Member
    Options
    To Quicken Jared:
    None missing
    When you say "... operate the account..." I assume you mean changed an existing entry; no
    Version did today update to latest (R42.21)

To slasher:
    Not sure how I would know if it changed something unbeknownst to me unless I memorized the balance all the time and I think that is one of the reasons to use a computer for a register (not trying to be funny). Can you describe further what you mean.
This discussion has been closed.