Reconciliation Function Is Problematic

Hawkeye Tom
Hawkeye Tom Member ✭✭
My computer recently crashed and I was forced to buy a new subscription. I just used the reconciliation function for the first time and every single time I select a deposit or an expenditure, the reconciliation box drops to the bottom of my screen and the INVESTING tab displays. I have to select the reconciliation box at the bottom to reconcile another item. Hoe do I get rid of that INVESTING tab and keep my reconciliation field active?
Tagged:

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    My computer recently crashed and I was forced to buy a new subscription. I just used the reconciliation function for the first time and every single time I select a deposit or an expenditure, the reconciliation box drops to the bottom of my screen and the INVESTING tab displays. I have to select the reconciliation box at the bottom to reconcile another item. Hoe do I get rid of that INVESTING tab and keep my reconciliation field active?
    Hello @Hawkeye Tom

I am sorry to hear about this issue with unusual screen behavior when trying to make use of the Reconcile function. Thank you for asking about this here on the Quicken Community.

First, where is your current active data file located? You can check this anytime by navigating to File > Show this file on my computer in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Next, save a backup by navigating to File > Copy or Backup File... in the same menu just mentioned, and then try proceeding through the steps provided below:

1. Navigate to File
    2. Select Validate and Repair File...
    3. Select Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists. 
    I look forward to hearing back from you about your results. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Hawkeye Tom - Why do you think you were forced to by a new subscription because your computer crashed?  If the previous subscription is not expired you can still use it to download and install a new Quicken program file without needing to buy a new subscription.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• Hawkeye Tom
    Hawkeye Tom Member ✭✭
    I had to buy a new subscription when my computer crashed because I owned a lifetime version and had no back-up, so I was forced to buy a subscription as outright purchases are no longer available.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    How do you "select a transaction" in the Reconcile window?
    To mark a transaction as reconciled, you single-click it.
    If you double-click a transaction, you indicate that you would like to return to the register to make a change to the transaction. When done making changes in the account register, click the "Return to Reconcile" button in the upper right hand corner and you'll be back to the Reconcile window.

This discussion has been closed.