Why Account Balances Report on Property & Debt tab is incorrect?

Options
kenumber10
kenumber10 Member ✭✭
edited September 2022 in Reports (Windows)
For some reason the account balances report on the Property & Debt tab has incorrect amounts for the Vanguard Brokerage and TDAmeritrade brokerage accounts. For both it has completely wrong and huge negative cash balances. Both accounts show correct amounts (including correct cash amounts) everywhere else in Quicken (including in the Account Balances report if I run the report direct from the 'Reports' tab instead of viewing it on the Property & Debt tab).
Any idea why this is happening? Why the amounts are wrong on the Property & Debt tab which makes the net worth calculations on the Property & Debt tab wildly incorrect and unusable.
Thanks! Kevin

Best Answer

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I am seeing the same issue with my active data file. Apparently the report that runs when you click on the Account Balances Report button on the Property and Debt > Net Worth page is incorrect and is not the same as the standard report at Reports > Net Worth & Balances > Account Balances.

In my case, investing accounts that have been empty for years are showing large negative balances. There was a problem some time ago with the Net Worth report on this page, but that has been resolved for me at least.

Unfortunately, reporting a problem here will not generally trigger any action by Quicken. I suggest that you and anyone else with this problem report the issue using the Help > Report a Problem link and also contact Quicken Support directly. Be sure the support agent understands the problem and gives you a ticket number for future reference.

You will not get a response if you only use Report a problem, Quicken uses the Report a Problem submissions for statistical purposes and to help diagnose the issue.

QWin Premier subscription

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I am seeing the same issue with my active data file. Apparently the report that runs when you click on the Account Balances Report button on the Property and Debt > Net Worth page is incorrect and is not the same as the standard report at Reports > Net Worth & Balances > Account Balances.

In my case, investing accounts that have been empty for years are showing large negative balances. There was a problem some time ago with the Net Worth report on this page, but that has been resolved for me at least.

Unfortunately, reporting a problem here will not generally trigger any action by Quicken. I suggest that you and anyone else with this problem report the issue using the Help > Report a Problem link and also contact Quicken Support directly. Be sure the support agent understands the problem and gives you a ticket number for future reference.

You will not get a response if you only use Report a problem, Quicken uses the Report a Problem submissions for statistical purposes and to help diagnose the issue.

QWin Premier subscription
  • kenumber10
    kenumber10 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for the confirmation and guidance Jim! I chatted with Quicken support and they opened ticket T1-IN - 9661319 for the issue. Hopefully they can get the Account Balances report on the Property & Debt tab fixed when they have time.
This discussion has been closed.