Setting a Loan

Fabiana Rivarola
Fabiana Rivarola Member ✭✭
I set up a Loan and I notice a difference when I set up a download transaction from my bank and not.
I can see my payment details when I'm not connected to my bank; and when I'm connected not. Do you know the reason???

[Edited Screenshots to Remove Sensitive Info]
Tagged:

Best Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    HI @Fabiana,

The reason you can see the details in one case (for a non-connected, or manual, loan account) and not in the other (for a connected loan account) is that Quicken removes the account register for connected/download loan accounts. 

Apparently Quicken decided that you really don't need to see the details of transactions for these types of loans if they are connected.  I can see the logic of that, and I also suspect that they did some polling of users and found that many (perhaps most) indicated that they don't really need to see that information.

So you really need to consider whether you want to see the details (and then setup the loan account as a manual account) or go with the convenience of downloads updating the account automatically (without being able to see an account register with all the transactions in it.

Let me know if you have any followups.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi again @Fabiana Rivarola

I'm with you - I like to know where my money goes!

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    HI @Fabiana,

The reason you can see the details in one case (for a non-connected, or manual, loan account) and not in the other (for a connected loan account) is that Quicken removes the account register for connected/download loan accounts. 

Apparently Quicken decided that you really don't need to see the details of transactions for these types of loans if they are connected.  I can see the logic of that, and I also suspect that they did some polling of users and found that many (perhaps most) indicated that they don't really need to see that information.

So you really need to consider whether you want to see the details (and then setup the loan account as a manual account) or go with the convenience of downloads updating the account automatically (without being able to see an account register with all the transactions in it.

Let me know if you have any followups.

Frankx

• Thank you so much for your excellent explanation. In my case, I want to know where my money goes ;)
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi again @Fabiana Rivarola

I'm with you - I like to know where my money goes!

Frankx

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    For those wondering why the online enabled loan account register is not viewable, please see the info provided by @Sherlock in this post:

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20271296/#Comment_20271296

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.