Anyone else having a problem with Zonealarm and Quicken?

Joseph Varno
Joseph Varno Member
Quicken went through an upgrade this afternoon on my computer. Zonealarm promptly flagged it as such a dire threat that it deleted the quicken executable and removed the shortcut from the desktop. Even setting it up as an item to ignore by the virus scanner didn't work to prevent it from happening. Only thing that did was to shut off the virus protection while the program was running. I had to re-install, twice, because it kept deleting the executable on launch. Is anyone else running into this issue?
Tagged:

Answers

• BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    People with Kaspersky are having the same issue: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7918071/kapersky-anti-virus
    - QWin Deluxe user since 2010, US subscription on Win11
    - I don't use Cloud Sync, Mobile & Web, Bill Pay/Mgr

• JPS1+
    JPS1+ Member
    The often unannounced Quicken update question of an update was available, do you want to make the changes? Yes.
    Do you want to start Quicken button appears. Click-it.
    Zone Alarm Security immediately indicates MALWARE installed.
    No more Quicken.
    Answer?
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems there is a problem with Quicken and some anti-virus/anti-malware programs lately.  Most of the threads being posted are about Kaspersky but there is also another threads posted about Zone Alarm:  Re: Anyone else having a problem with Zonealarm and Quicken?
    Here is the Alert that has been posted about Kaspersky: Kapersky Anti-virus.
    Some are suggesting that until the issue gets resolved the anti-virus be turned off during installation and/or when running Quicken.
    I'm wondering if perhaps uninstalling Quicken and then reinstalling the complete program might resolve the issue.  You can download and install the complete program from How do I uninstall Quicken? [Support Article] or log into your online Quicken.com account and download it from there. 
    After downloading, Quicken might prompt you to install an update from within Quicken.  I would not do that and instead download and install the Mondo Patch from Quicken for Windows: Manual Mondo Patch Update [Support Article].

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• The reinstall was a full uninstall and re-install of the product.

Updating the product doesn't matter at that point because it deletes on launch of the program.

I did install with anti-virus disabled and went through all the validation steps as well as updated the program.

Then, on launch, it deletes the executable.

Zone Alarm doesn't even allow it to be quarantined. It just flat wipes it off the drive.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello everyone,

I am very sorry to hear that you are being affected by this issue. Thanks for letting us know about this here on the Quicken Community.

Currently, there is an Open Alert regarding Zonealarm and issues of the kind being described here. You can follow this link for more information about this problem. Note that you may click the 'ribbon' icon in the upper right-hand side of the page to receive notifications whenever new updates are made available. 

I hope that is helpful, and feel free to reach out with any additional questions or concerns. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • JPS1+
    JPS1+ Member
    I have an update from this morning. It took the good folks at Zone Alarm doing a shared screen but there is a resolution. Right now Quicken is an Zone Alarm exception on my system but I have the feeling some general update will be coming from them.
This discussion has been closed.