Sync Error

vschultz
vschultz Member ✭✭
Hello, Whenever I try to update ANY online account, or do a transaction download from ANY account, I get the same message other users have reported (such as TonyCalkins), as follows:
Sync Error
Warning.
Quicken has encountered an error while communicating with our servers. Try again later. If the error persists, contact Quicken Support.
At the bottom it says:
Accounts upload: Requests (35) don't match responses (34).
[I get different numbers in this last line every time I attempt to update an online account, or set up a transaction download.

I can't believe I'm getting this message! I got it last year when I did my taxes and Quicken said THEN it was a known issue and they were working to fix it. Why is this still happening? Is there a fix?

The Quicken customer support people told me last year to try turning Sync off in preferences, and were surprised when that didn't fix the issue. It doesn't fix the issue this year either.

Is there a solution? or am I just going to have to abandon quicken?

Thanks!
Vicki

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    vschultz said:
    Hello, Whenever I try to update ANY online account, or do a transaction download from ANY account, I get the same message other users have reported (such as TonyCalkins), as follows:
    Sync Error
    Warning.
    Quicken has encountered an error while communicating with our servers. Try again later. If the error persists, contact Quicken Support.
    At the bottom it says:
    Accounts upload: Requests (35) don't match responses (34).
    [I get different numbers in this last line every time I attempt to update an online account, or set up a transaction download.

I can't believe I'm getting this message! I got it last year when I did my taxes and Quicken said THEN it was a known issue and they were working to fix it. Why is this still happening? Is there a fix?

The Quicken customer support people told me last year to try turning Sync off in preferences, and were surprised when that didn't fix the issue. It doesn't fix the issue this year either.

Is there a solution? or am I just going to have to abandon quicken?

Thanks!
    Vicki
    Hello @vschultz

I am sorry to hear about this Sync error affecting your account downloads. Thank you for reaching out about this here on the Quicken Community. 

First, I want to be clear: have you already attempted the instructions provided below (Be sure to save a backup by navigating to File > Save a Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen before attempting any instructions)?
    1. Navigate to the Quicken dropdown menu 
    2. Preferences... 
    3. Mobile, Web & Alerts
    4. Use the toggle button on the left to turn Sync OFF 
    5. Click Disable Sync
    6. Navigate to Connected Services
    7. Click Reset (click Reset again on the pop-up box)
    8. Once the Reset completes, navigate back to Mobile, Web & Alerts
    9. Use the toggle button on the left to turn Sync ON
    10. Click Enable Sync
    Also, where is your current active data file located? You can check this by navigating to File > Show "(this is where the Data File name will be displayed)" in Finder in the same upper menu mentioned earlier. Make sure that the data file is not located in an external device or cloud-based storage service, as these locations may cause some issues.

I look forward to your response. 

Thank you, 

Quicken Jared 
  • vschultz
    vschultz Member ✭✭
    Hi Jared, I tried the 10 step process you recommended again. This time, it helped update 3 out of the 20 or so files that need updating. But with the rest of them, I still get the exact same sync error message. And I got that message with each step of turning the sync on, and doing the reset, and turning the sync off, too.
    As for where my folder is, I save my backups to a Dropbox folder that has my quicken backups in it. I believe Quicken also saves them to an Automatic backups folder, bu t I'm not sure where that is or if I can see it.
  • Quicken Jared
    vschultz said:
    Hi Jared, I tried the 10 step process you recommended again. This time, it helped update 3 out of the 20 or so files that need updating. But with the rest of them, I still get the exact same sync error message. And I got that message with each step of turning the sync on, and doing the reset, and turning the sync off, too.
    As for where my folder is, I save my backups to a Dropbox folder that has my quicken backups in it. I believe Quicken also saves them to an Automatic backups folder, bu t I'm not sure where that is or if I can see it.
    Hello @vschultz

I am sorry to hear about this problem continuing. Thank you for getting back to me with additional details about what is happening, now.

At this stage, I recommend saving another backup, then proceeding through the instructions below:

1. Navigate to the Quicken dropdown menu
    2. Sign Out...
    3. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password 
    4. Follow the prompts to be taken back to your data file after signing in
    Once this is done, try to update your accounts again, and see if the issues are continuing.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • vschultz
    vschultz Member ✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Hi Jared, I tried exactly what you suggested and it did not change anything. I still got the exact same sync error message on every single account I tried to update or download transactions for. I am at my wit's end. This program just should not be that difficult to use! Is it possible to install a new version of Quicken and import all my 2021 data into it that has been downloaded so far? I am trying to obtain 2021 data for my 2021 taxes, which are due very very soon and I can't even get quicken to download the accounts.
    Another thought I had, based on comments from other readers, is that maybe there's some sort of separate error with each account. Can you go through my error messages for each one and help me sort out if there's something I can fix?
    Finally, can you consult with your colleagues if necessary to help me solve this problem. I'm available to work on this by phone tomorrow! [Removed - Phone Number].
    Thank you in advance.
    Vicki Schultz
  • Quicken Jared
    edited August 2022
    vschultz said:
    Hi Jared, I tried exactly what you suggested and it did not change anything. I still got the exact same sync error message on every single account I tried to update or download transactions for. I am at my wit's end. This program just should not be that difficult to use! Is it possible to install a new version of Quicken and import all my 2021 data into it that has been downloaded so far? I am trying to obtain 2021 data for my 2021 taxes, which are due very very soon and I can't even get quicken to download the accounts.
    Another thought I had, based on comments from other readers, is that maybe there's some sort of separate error with each account. Can you go through my error messages for each one and help me sort out if there's something I can fix?
    Finally, can you consult with your colleagues if necessary to help me solve this problem. I'm available to work on this by phone tomorrow! [Removed - Phone Number].
    Thank you in advance.
    Vicki Schultz
    Hello @vschultz

Thanks so much for getting back to me with the results of the earlier troubleshooting efforts. I am very sorry that this issue is continuing. 

I have sent you a direct message regarding this matter. Note that you can find your Direct Messages by navigating to the icon shown below in the upper right-hand side of the screen. You can reply to that message to continue the conversation there. 

I hope that is helpful, and I look forward to hearing back from you. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.