Need help -  Correcting a mistake in the security's transaction history

Options
MVW
MVW Member ✭✭
edited September 2022 in Investing (Windows)
I search for how to  "Correct a mistake in the security's transaction history" and I get a help for the Canadian version (https://help.quicken.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=3216578) that doesn't work; 'double click the the transaction you want to fix'. I can't find help for US Quicken Deluxe R43.14 that works. How can I clean up some entry errors I made?
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Go to the investment account register where the transactions are entered.  Click on one of the transactions you want to correct to highlight it and on the right click on the Edit button.  You can then make corrections/changes.  When done click on Enter/Done and then be sure to Save the transaction.
    Did this help you?
    If not, please provide more details of what the issue is and what you need to accomplish so another and perhaps more appropriate suggestion can be provided.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Go to the investment account register where the transactions are entered.  Click on one of the transactions you want to correct to highlight it and on the right click on the Edit button.  You can then make corrections/changes.  When done click on Enter/Done and then be sure to Save the transaction.
    Did this help you?
    If not, please provide more details of what the issue is and what you need to accomplish so another and perhaps more appropriate suggestion can be provided.

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    HI @MVW

I suggest that you follow these steps:

1) Open the "Security List";
    2) Click on the name of the security that you want to edit/correct;
    3) At the top of this page, you should see a list of every transaction made for this security. Double-Click on the transaction that you want to correct;
    4) In the pop-up window > make your correction(s).
    5) Once you've finished > click the "Enter/Done button.

That should do it but if you have more than one entry to correct - Rinse and Repeat.

Let me know how this goes or if you have any followups.

Frankx 

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• MVW
    MVW Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks. After cooling off, I sort of went with Boatnmaniac's suggestion. Originally, the Account was not showing the transactions. Knowing that it should, I had to edit the account and go from 'simple' tracking method to 'complete ...' tracking. Then I could edit them.

Frankx; thanks also, but that was what WASN'T working, even though logic says I should be able to and the 'Canadian' version (?) says that is what you do.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Options
    MVW said:
    Thanks. After cooling off, I sort of went with Boatnmaniac's suggestion. Originally, the Account was not showing the transactions. Knowing that it should, I had to edit the account and go from 'simple' tracking method to 'complete ...' tracking. Then I could edit them.
    Ah, yes, I should have mentioned that bit about making sure you have Complete Investing showing and not Simple Investing.  I'm glad to hear you figured that out and in the end have resolved the issue.

This discussion has been closed.