Quicken having issues

58kopykat
58kopykat Member ✭✭
This has been happening all month if not longer. It can or cannot access Paypal credit, USAA, or SEFCU (NYS). It may or may not (most likely not) be able to restore from backup unless I exit and reopen Quicken because it says the file is in use. I have a 50/50 chance of being told my subscription has expired after restoring. Closing Quicken and reopening it will remove this message. This morning's account update added ~30 previously reconciled transactions to SEFCU ckg. After deleting the duplicates, my balance went from $5+ (true) to $2,741+ (not true). Go back to restore and have to exit Quicken to do it - again. After bouncing back and forth with restores, exiting, reopening, and adding Paypal credit yet again; things are where they should be for now. I have no faith that this hokey pokey is over.

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The one thing you mentioned, "file in use", seems to indicate that a backup program outside of Quicken (e.g., Dropbox, One Drive, etc.) accesses your active data file and interferes with other Quicken operations.
    If that's the case, you need to configure this backup program to NOT access the active Quicken data file. Let Quicken create a backup of your data file every time you close Quicken and configure the other backup program to send the just created backup file off to the cloud or external USB drive.
  • 58kopykat
    58kopykat Member ✭✭
    I don't use Dropbox or One Drive or mobile or cloud.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    58kopykat said:
    I don't use Dropbox or One Drive or mobile or cloud.
    Don't limit your search to just these two programs. Something else, Windows or even your Antivirus program, could be accessing your Quicken data file as soon as Quicken closes it.
    If you can't find who it is, maybe you need to wait a minute or two before starting Quicken again.

• 58kopykat
    58kopykat Member ✭✭
    I can open Quicken fine. It's being able to restore it from a file. Once I close Q then reopen it then can access that file. To me, that sounds like Q is hung up.
This discussion has been closed.