Updating Chase accounts

Options
Moorhatch
Moorhatch Member ✭✭
I have 2 chase credit cards, and I went through the process of updating them for the new quicken software. At the end of the process, one card is listed as existing. The second indicates it's new, although I've been using it for 2 years. When I try to "link to existing", it doesn't come up in the drop down menu. Why? And, how do I get past this

Answers

• vikingsail
    vikingsail Member ✭✭
    Options
    Noticed the same thing after daily automatic update this morning, my account had been updated to the new EWC+ but had not downloaded since the 16th . Went into account, then actions and did a update now and got 3 transactions and the proper current online account balances. This needs to be fixed.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Moorhatch said:
    I have 2 chase credit cards, and I went through the process of updating them for the new quicken software. At the end of the process, one card is listed as existing. The second indicates it's new, although I've been using it for 2 years. When I try to "link to existing", it doesn't come up in the drop down menu. Why? And, how do I get past this
    Hello @Moorhatch

I am sorry about this difficulty linking your credit card accounts. Thank you for inquiring about this here on the Quicken Community. 

First, when you select the account that is failing to appear in the Add Account screen during the LINK step from the Account List in the left-hand panel, then navigate to Tools > Account List and go to Edit in the row associated with that account, does the account number listed under the Details tab appear correctly?

I hope to hear more from you about this. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Hazey
    Hazey Member
    Options
    I have about 7 accounts I have access to in Chase.com. When I did this update, it mixed up which accounts match to which quicken accounts. How can I fix this? Is there a way to roll back to where I was yesterday before I got all these transactions into the wrong accounts?
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello @Hazey

Thank you for providing more information. 

We recommend that you contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance as they can utilize functions such as screen share and escalate the situation if needed. 

The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00am PT to 5:00pm PT, Monday through Friday.

Thank you. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• jamklein
    jamklein Member
    Options
    I'm having this issue too. When I went to link to existing account, it pulled up a different account from a different bank. I added it without linking, and it looks like the original existing account updated at the same time. Frustrating. I do not want to go back through all those transactions. I hope there's a fix soon!
  • PAUser
    PAUser Unconfirmed ✭✭
    Options
    I'm having the same problem. After doing the update with Chase, Quicken is trying to force me to link that account to an existing non-Chase account within Quicken. Calling Customer Support now.
  • Moorhatch
    Moorhatch Member ✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Options
    It turns out that Quicken failed to mention that one needs to deactivate the online services for each account before doing the update. I did so and was able to successfully update both of my chase accounts. [Removed-Disruptive]
This discussion has been closed.