Can I stop the prompt: "Is this the next scheduled payment to . . . "

Whenever I charge a credit card account with the beginning of the same name I get "Is this the next scheduled payment to . . ."  For example, I have an account called "Amazon Credit Card".  When I charge this card with the payee "Amazon" it prompts me with the afore mentioned message.

Now, I've searched the prior questions related to this an what I found does not solve the problem.  The first solution said that a charge to a card represents a payment on another account.  However, this is not "another account", it is the same account.  The second solution was to turn-off the reminder by going to Tools, Bills & Income Reminders, Options, Suggest Reminders, then uncheck Review My Accounts For Reminders To Suggest.  Mine setting was already unchecked.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Whenever I charge a credit card account with the beginning of the same name I get "Is this the next scheduled payment to . . ."  For example, I have an account called "Amazon Credit Card".  When I charge this card with the payee "Amazon" it prompts me with the afore mentioned message.

Now, I've searched the prior questions related to this an what I found does not solve the problem.  The first solution said that a charge to a card represents a payment on another account.  However, this is not "another account", it is the same account.  The second solution was to turn-off the reminder by going to Tools, Bills & Income Reminders, Options, Suggest Reminders, then uncheck Review My Accounts For Reminders To Suggest.  Mine setting was already unchecked.

Any suggestions?

Hello @Stuart Boyle,       

I do apologize about this problem with the message inquiring about whether or not charges correspond with the next scheduled payment. Thank you for discussing this with us here on the Quicken Community.

To be clear, it sounds like you are receiving this message even after the following steps have been performed, or the following option is unchecked:

To turn off the pop-up window for Is this the next scheduled payment for...?

1. Go to Tools menu > Manage Bill and Income Reminders
    2. Click on the Options drop-down menu.
    3. Click on Suggest Reminders
    4. Uncheck the option Review my accounts for reminders to suggest.
    Note: You can read more about the above steps in the Support Article linked here

If this is the case, try saving a backup by navigating to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen, then move through the steps listed below:
    1. Navigate to File
    2. Select Validate and Repair File...
    3. Select Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists. 

I hope to hear back from you about your results, if you have the chance to check back in with us. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    I think you misinterpreted the first suggestion.

If you have a reminder that is very similar to the payee of regular transaction Quicken will sometimes make this kind of suggestion.  So, the first suggestion is to change the payee name on the reminder so that if unique from the regular transaction payee name.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Stuart Boyle
    Stuart Boyle Member ✭✭✭

To turn off the pop-up window for Is this the next scheduled payment for...?

1. Go to Tools menu > Manage Bill and Income Reminders
    2. Click on the Options drop-down menu.
    3. Click on Suggest Reminders
    4. Uncheck the option Review my accounts for reminders to suggest.

1. Navigate to File
    2. Select Validate and Repair File...
    3. Select Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists. 

"Review my accounts for reminders to suggest" was previously unchecked

Validation made no difference.
  • Stuart Boyle
    Stuart Boyle Member ✭✭✭
    Chris_QPW said:

If you have a reminder that is very similar to the payee of regular transaction Quicken will sometimes make this kind of suggestion.  So, the first suggestion is to change the payee name on the reminder so that if unique from the regular transaction payee name.

This is exactly what is happening.  "Amazon Credit Card" is the payee on the scheduled transaction.  "Amazon" is the payee on the current transaction which occurs from within the account also called "Amazon Credit Card".

It seems the "Review my accounts for reminders to suggest" is not turned-off even when the option is unchecked.
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think this has anything to do with "Review my accounts for reminders to suggest". If I recall correctly, the "Is this the next scheduled payment" prompt predates the "Review my accounts" feature.
    The simplest thing would be to rename the credit card account. "Prime Credit" has a nice ring to it. :)

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm ... I was going to suggest that all Amazon charge transactions should be renamed to "Amazon.com", including the Memorized Payee List entry/entries for "Amazon".
    Leave the credit card payment transaction what it is, making sure that you record the credit card payment BEFORE you download transactions from your banks on/after payment due date
  • Stuart Boyle
    Stuart Boyle Member ✭✭✭
    Well, one thing Quicken could do is check if the payee "Amazon" is charging or making a payment to the account "Amazon Credit Card".  If its a charge, then it can't be a payment.  Only if it's a payment could it be a payment. Reductive absurdum!
This discussion has been closed.