Vanguard will not connect accounts

mindyflauto
mindyflauto Member ✭✭
As of this week, Vanguard accts (all, not just the retirement accts), will not connect. I have no problem logging onto the Vanguard website. I tried disconnecting and re connecting again, but get the same error message, that the website may be down (which it is not). I've been a quicken user for over 20 years.

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    I tried disconnecting and re connecting again, but get the same error message, that the website may be down (which it is not).
    The website Quicken connects to is usually not the same website consumers log into. The consumer website could be operating correctly while the back-end server for Quicken connections could be shut down for maintenance, or they could be blocking Quicken connections.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • JDC_IA
    JDC_IA Member
    Have had similar problem for last 10 days. The error code I get is "Download Error 2003." All other direct connects are working fine
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    JDC_IA said:
    Have had similar problem for last 10 days. The error code I get is "Download Error 2003." All other direct connects are working fine
    Hello @JDC_IA,  

I do apologize that you are being affected by this download error. Thank you for drawing our attention to this problem here in this Quicken Community discussion.

First, select one of the affected accounts from the Account List in the left-hand panel of the Quicken window, then navigate to the Settings menu via the 'gear' icon in the lower right-hand corner of the Quicken window. In the Details tab, do the account number, routing number, and your ID appear correctly, here? If so, I recommend reaching out to Vanguard support. Note that requesting to speak with a 'Tier 2' representative or escalations team would be the best option, as these individuals will possess a greater familiarity with third-party software, such as Quicken. 

I hope that is helpful, and feel free to reach out with any other questions or concerns. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • mindyflauto
    mindyflauto Member ✭✭
    Jared, where are these details on a Mac? And I'm still have on and off problems connecting to Quicken.
  • mindyflauto
    mindyflauto Member ✭✭
    On my Mac, the routing number is not displayed. The a/c number and ID are correct.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    On my Mac, the routing number is not displayed. The a/c number and ID are correct.
    Hello @mindyflauto,  

Thank you for reaching out for further information here in this Quicken Community Discussion.

I have attached an image indicating some of the menu item locations that you had asked about earlier. See the attached screenshot below.

As far as the 'Download Error - 2003' error message, I recommend consulting the Support Article linked here. If your account information appears correct in the Details tab of the Settings window, then I recommend reaching out to Vanguard support, using some of the steps listed in the above article. 

I hope that is helpful. 

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.