Total for fund holding isn't correct on the transaction bar.

Options
Markyarts
Markyarts Member
edited October 2022 in Investing (Windows)
Fund has 80 shares at $90. Total should be $7,200. However, in the list of holdings, the total shows as 5460. Any ideas about what I've done wrong?

Best Answer

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @Markyarts

Based on what you've said, it is likely that the "Quote/Price" per share is incorrect.  You can edit it by going to - "Tools" > "Security List" > search for the fund name (or page down until you reach it) > then click on the "Security Name" > click on the "More" button > then click on "Edit price history".  Then edit the price for the current date.

Let me know if you have any followups.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Looking at the Holdings view, is the Quote/Price column or the Shares column incorrect? Those numbers are multiplied to get the Market Value. 
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @Markyarts

Based on what you've said, it is likely that the "Quote/Price" per share is incorrect.  You can edit it by going to - "Tools" > "Security List" > search for the fund name (or page down until you reach it) > then click on the "Security Name" > click on the "More" button > then click on "Edit price history".  Then edit the price for the current date.

Let me know if you have any followups.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Markyarts
    Options
    Thanks to both of you, Frank and Jim, for your help. The share price was incorrect. I was able to edit it and I'm now worth more than an hour ago LOL
This discussion has been closed.