Quicken validate removed an invalid transaction.

Brian175
Brian175 Member ✭✭✭
Validate is reporting that it removed an invalid transaction "ACCT_78f" 0/0/1900 and repaired transaction information for same account.  What account is that?

Comments

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    It is most likely a temporary account that you don’t have to worry about.  At times Quicken creates temporary accounts to do some things, and if something goes wrong they can be left and need validate to clean them up.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Check in Tools / Account List if you can see this account name (and perhaps other ACCT_xxxx or TEMP_xxxx accounts) and see if you can delete them.
  • Brian175
    Brian175 Member ✭✭✭
    No such account with xxxx shows up.  I also checked categories.  I will ignore it.  Thanks for help.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brian175 said:
    No such account with xxxx shows up.  I also checked categories.  I will ignore it.  Thanks for help.
    The number portion in "ACCT_xxxx", e.g., "ACCT_78f" is a variable number, created randomly by Quicken. I used "xxxx" as a placeholder for the actual number.
    You or other users may have the same issue, but with a different number for "xxxx". Sometimes you may even have several accounts similarly named.
    As I said, if after Validate the account "ACCT_78f" still appears in your Tools / Account List you can delete it.

This discussion has been closed.