Reconcile function not working

Options
When I attempt to perform a reconciliation, I receive an error that there are no uncleared items to reconcile, but that is not the case
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Ok. That makes sense because I have another issue where my online balance is not updating. Do you know why my online balance would not be updating?
    Unfortunately no, I seen quite a bit of reports of such problems in this forum, but not really what causes it.   It is one of those kinds of problems that really needs to be tracked down by Quicken support because it can in Quicken (the program) or any of the Quicken, Intuit, servers or the financial institution.
    Contact Quicken Support

About the only suggestion I can give is to switch from reconciling to the online balance to the statement balance.  Note that the statement balance can in fact just be the balance you see at the financial institution's website.  To switch go into the Account Details and then the Online Services tab, and deselect the "Reconcile using online balance".
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When I attempt to perform a reconciliation, I receive an error that there are no uncleared items to reconcile, but that is not the case
    Hello @sharonvillaverde

I am sorry to hear about this problem with the reconciliation feature. Thank you for discussing this with us here on the Quicken Community.

First, are you noticing this trouble with one account in particular? Also, when did this issue begin? Are the transactions showing on the bank's side as well? 

I hope to provide further assistance once we know more about the situation. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • sharonvillaverde
    Options
    It is happening with all of my credit card accounts. It started 1-2 weeks ago. I'm not sure what you mean by "are the transactions showing on the bank's side as well". I am also having issues with the "Online Balance" not updating correctly. The new transactions are downloading, but the balances aren't updating.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It is happening with all of my credit card accounts. It started 1-2 weeks ago. I'm not sure what you mean by "are the transactions showing on the bank's side as well". I am also having issues with the "Online Balance" not updating correctly. The new transactions are downloading, but the balances aren't updating.
    Hello @sharonvillaverde

I appreciate you getting back to me with more information, and for answering earlier questions. I do apologize that this problem has gone on this long.

Are these credit card accounts associated with one particular financial institution? Also, where is your current active data file located? You can check this by navigating to File > Show this file on my computer... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. We advise against keeping your active data file on external drives or cloud-based storage services, as these locations can cause erratic program behavior and even data damage.

I look forward to your response. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • sharonvillaverde
    Options
    No. The credit card accounts are associated with four different financial institutions. The file is saved on my hard drive...C:\Users\ashle\Documents\Quicken.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Given the error message I can guess at what your problem is since it has been reported many times.
    When you see uncleared/cleared transactions in your register, but get this error message when starting a reconcile it is because Quicken will not include transactions where the "date" is newer than the "reconcile ending date".

When you manually enter a transaction (or entered by a reminder) the date you enter is the one used for the reconcile.  But when you download a transaction it uses the Downloaded Posting date (you can turn on this column to see what it is).  This includes matching a downloaded transaction to the one that was manually entered.

The "reconcile ending date" is the date you enter if you are reconciling to the "statement balance" or the date given with the online balance.  It is quite possible that the online balance hasn't been updated and as such has a date in the past.  This will cause the error you are seeing.
    Signature:
  • sharonvillaverde
    Options
    Ok. That makes sense because I have another issue where my online balance is not updating. Do you know why my online balance would not be updating?
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Unfortunately no, I seen quite a bit of reports of such problems in this forum, but not really what causes it.   It is one of those kinds of problems that really needs to be tracked down by Quicken support because it can in Quicken (the program) or any of the Quicken, Intuit, servers or the financial institution.
    Contact Quicken Support

About the only suggestion I can give is to switch from reconciling to the online balance to the statement balance.  Note that the statement balance can in fact just be the balance you see at the financial institution's website.  To switch go into the Account Details and then the Online Services tab, and deselect the "Reconcile using online balance".
    Signature:
This discussion has been closed.